Gym Idiots Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you tried asking him, wtf? Some of them can be converted. I know, I coach one.

As a matter of fact I've gotten two guys on SS but thats because they approached and asked me what I was doing and I went on to explain how strength training worked but the CrossFit dude, he's one of the hardcore ones. He always wear a CF shirt that says "Lift Heavy Shit" on the back all the time.

How do they get so big in prison? Are they stealing weaker inmates' lunches?

I've thought about that and all I can come up with is that their progress is significantly slower. Also genetics I think. PLus they get excellent rest lol.

Yeah, there's definitely no possibility they get drugs into prison.

I wasn't there to witness it, but my friend said today at our gym there was a guy doing squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, and some strange cable exercise all in part of a circuit. Sounded to me like he just wanted to see how much equipment he could take up at once.

Also a couple days ago I was doing deadlifts and after a set I dropped my belt and went to the fountain. When I came back my belt was nowhere to be seen but two arab guys apparently acquired an identical one and had it set to the side of the bench they were using with their other personal belongings. I looked around to make sure nobody moved mine, and then finally just asked them "Is that my belt?" They said it was theres and I asked if they saw anyone take mine and they said no. I just said fuck it for the time being and finished my workout (minus my last set of deadlifts) and they had left the belt by the bench and went to use other equipment. I hastily assumed they misunderstood me, grabbed the belt, left and promptly put my initials on it.

I wasn't there to witness it, but my friend said today at our gym there was a guy doing squats, deadlifts, shoulder press, and some strange cable exercise all in part of a circuit. Sounded to me like he just wanted to see how much equipment he could take up at once.

Also a couple days ago I was doing deadlifts and after a set I dropped my belt and went to the fountain. When I came back my belt was nowhere to be seen but two arab guys apparently acquired an identical one and had it set to the side of the bench they were using with their other personal belongings. I looked around to make sure nobody moved mine, and then finally just asked them "Is that my belt?" They said it was theres and I asked if they saw anyone take mine and they said no. I just said fuck it for the time being and finished my workout (minus my last set of deadlifts) and they had left the belt by the bench and went to use other equipment. I hastily assumed they misunderstood me, grabbed the belt, left and promptly put my initials on it.

Good thing you mentioned they were Arab, otherwise we wouldn't know for certain that they were thieves.

I could've typed out person who probably doesn't speak english as a first language but that was easier. I'm sorry if me saying that made your vagina ache.

As a matter of fact I've gotten two guys on SS but thats because they approached and asked me what I was doing and I went on to explain how strength training worked but the CrossFit dude, he's one of the hardcore ones. He always wear a CF shirt that says "Lift Heavy Shit" on the back all the time.

That's good, I've encountered a few people on Starthing Strength, but they are deadlifting 80 pounds and doing half squats with 95 pounds without much focus. With their technique and lifting work ethic they aren't getting anywhere. I was fortunate enough to have lifted during Highschool, or else I'd probably half squatting 100 pounds followed by some cardio exercise thinking it was going to build me strength too. I almost wanted to walk over there and give them some tips.

I was walking into the gym with my wife and the guy behind the desk called me by my first name... he saw my name on the screen I guess because I'd never spoken to him before...

He tells me that I'm going to hurt my knees if I keep squatting "that way."

Apparently he had been watching me squatting the day before... and my wife I'm assuming as well...

So he goes on to tell me that I shouldn't be squatting below parallel like I was because it puts all the stress on your knees and he also tells me that I was "bouncing" out of the bottom of the squat.

I gave him the "ok thanks," and kept it moving. My wife looks at me and says, "You weren't bouncing at the bottom of the squats... I saw you pausing... that guys a fkn ahole."

I trained her well!

What's wrong with bouncing ? Eh ? You pausing elitists.

I was the idiot today. A bit pissy about having to reduce my bench (and incline) numbers because of a recent wrist injury. I have to use the thumbless grip and bring in my spacing an inch or two.

So I though I'd make up for it by hitting some other exercise. I figured I'd give the hammer strength incline a shot. I threw on 3 plates a side. I pushed it out and sat down, then realized the handles go well past my chest. Had some really sexy searing, blinding rotator cuff pain. This thing is a death trap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back