Gym Idiots Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modern Warrior1

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ya'll want another one? Have fun.

I'll start. The other day I saw a guy using the abductor/adductor machine, aka the yes/no machine. He had on compression shorts that were at least a size too small, and was putting everything on display:eek:. He was also screaming with every rep. :(

diddy4bt.png

There's a guy that goes to my gym who is at least 300 of the wrong kind of pounds. Do I ever see him hitting the treadmill, elliptical, or stationary cycle? No. Just doing 3 reps of the heaviest weight around and then taking a 20 minute break between sets.

Even that wouldn't bug me all that much, I see it with a lot of guys, but this guy yells/grunts after each rep like;

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
TttTTTTtttwwwWWWWooooooOOOO
etc...

There's a guy that goes to my gym who is at least 300 of the wrong kind of pounds. Do I ever see him hitting the treadmill, elliptical, or stationary cycle? No. Just doing 3 reps of the heaviest weight around and then taking a 20 minute break between sets.

Even that wouldn't bug me all that much, I see it with a lot of guys, but this guy yells/grunts after each rep like;

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
etc...

Sounds like someone stumbled into the wrong forum and needs to read the FAQ.

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
etc...

Notsureifsrs

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
etc...
arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

Beat me to it!

I saw some dude trying to
Squat 3 plates in the smith machine the other day, screaming with every rep, pad on bar, and his 2 buddies spotting the plates. I wish the forward facing camera on my phone worked

This is a story about a gym idiot but the only problem is that I was the idiot. Anyways...

So it's 10 years ago and I'm 12 years old, I go with some older boys from school to the gym and we all separate to do our bull shit. So I'm 12 years old and see this strange leg machine (which I now know is the adductor machine) so I go on it and bust out a few reps.

So I'm enjoying my feeling at being in 'weight gym' as id spent most of my short life in the boxing gym. Then all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I see this old badass powerlifter that looked like a Viking (beard an all) come over to me, chest pumped up and shouted at the top of his voice 'what are you trying to do? Strengthen your fanny?!' (a fanny is a pussy for my American friends) I just sat there legs spread just shitting myself.

Never went to that gym again and never used an adductor machine either lol

Cool story? I know it is, thanks ;)

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
etc...

Sounds like someone stumbled into the wrong forum and needs to read the FAQ.

Notsureifsrs

arnold_not_sure_if_serious_gif.gif

Beat me to it!

This thread has started off well.

Carry on gentlemen.

edit: may as well add in my own gym story, had some guy doing power cleans and press (with god awful form of course) and some other gym bro comes up to him and suggests he use a thumbless/suicide grip...for cleans. Luckily I was finished with my workout so I got the hell out of there before someone died.

Last edited:
The s l o w e s t clean and presses you've ever seen. Seriously, this guy was treating it like it was a Nautilus lift. Each rep took like 20 seconds.

I will add nothing further to this pic than to say - the legendary Marvin Eder is not the idiot here, but his "helpers" may be : ) (especially the front guy)

index.php

OOoooOOOoooNNNNeeee
etc...
OMG people actually go to the gym for reasons other then aesthetics?

There are many idiots at my gym, including the trainers. I write up a weekly CF-style conditioning workout on a whiteboard at the gym, as a way to generate a bit of interest from potential clients. Anyway, one of the exercises in my last workout was dumbbell swings. One of the trainers asked me what I meant by that, and I told him it was like a kettlebell swing, but holding the end of a dumbbell, since our gym has no kettlebells. He said "oh okay, I thought it was more something like this" and proceeded to swing his arms back and forth outside his body, with a powerwalking-type motion. He said he normally does it with lighter dumbbells, while trying not to let his body move, in order to build "better functional core strength".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back