Gym got some new equipment

Rob Battisti

HR for HR
@Steel
Reaction score
Hope this wasn't covered in the FAQ but I didn't see it in there.

My gym just opened up a new section for, what they describe as, 'free movement'. :rolleyes:

Basically its a 20x45 room with an astro-turf flooring and some equipment which includes a couple of tractor tires and some rope ladders.

I was curious of any good routines with the tires? Is it as easy as just flipping them repeatedly?

tire flips are awesome and the good old sledge hammer tire combo is a killer.

two of the most grueling workouts you'll ever do.

20 x 45 seems very small for flipping tractor tires.
I have a sledge and a large truck tire at my house and buddies and I have done the workout before. Once in a while you miss the tire with the hammer and it leaves a nice impact crater in the ground. Also if you get really careless and fatigued with your technique there's a chance of the sledge recoiling from the tire and hitting yourself with it!
I doubt they will allow sledge hammers in your "free movement room". Sucks to live in the city with little shitty rooms, you need open spaces like we have out here in Iowa!

20 x 45 seems very small for flipping tractor tires.
I have a sledge and a large truck tire at my house and buddies and I have done the workout before. Once in a while you miss the tire with the hammer and it leaves a nice impact crater in the ground. Also if you get really careless and fatigued with your technique there's a chance of the sledge recoiling from the tire and hitting yourself with it!
I doubt they will allow sledge hammers in your "free movement room". Sucks to live in the city with little shitty rooms, you need open spaces like we have out here in Iowa!

Hah it was kind of small but here is the actual lay out... Its the "functional training space. Its possibly more than 20x45 that was a rough guess from someone unfamiliar with gauging space.

I am thinking of asking them to get a prowler which would seem more functional.

CL2.jpg

There's a whole room for party-training at your gym?! Man, I need that.

I was kidding. I am also a Canuck, and metric is far superior.

Ya, only because you can fool stupid American women by telling them that your dick is 9cm and they don't know that is really just 3 inches.

That's what she said!

*internet high five*

Back on topic: I second tire flips and sledgehammer swings

Is there any particular technique or variations of the actual flip? How many is good enough or too many?

Back