Gym fails

EatMyShorts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

The one at 2:20 happened to me.

Some guys ran over and lifted it off but, yeah - pretty much the same situation.

90% ego lifters getting what they deserve

10% utter noobs who don't belong anywhere near gym equipment

I got stuck under my bench in my garage on Friday. I got pretty depressed at how stupid it was, one because I missed that 3rd rep, must be I'll. Two, I didn't check the pins in the safety cage after my buddy had used it.

Managed to rest one end on a stack of weights slide out. It was fucking stupid as fuck.

Still haven't got over how dumb I was. 1st fail in 4 years.

The one at 2:20 happened to me.

Some guys ran over and lifted it off but, yeah - pretty much the same situation.

Oh god, I made it to the second clip of the guy dropping the bar on his neck and I ain't watching anymore!

I got stuck under my bench in my garage on Friday. I got pretty depressed at how stupid it was, one because I missed that 3rd rep, must be I'll. Two, I didn't check the pins in the safety cage after my buddy had used it.

Managed to rest one end on a stack of weights slide out. It was fucking stupid as fuck.

giphy.gif

You gotta practice the "roll of shame" for these situations.
roll-of-shame.gif

Ive been training in a store room after work. I only have basic equipment but its all i need really.

On friday afternoon after squatting and front squatting i decided to do some bench squats to finish off (stupidly been watchin westside barbell YouTube videos). I got stuck on the bench on my first rep!

-I couldnt bail as it wouldve destroyed the floor.
-I REALLY didnt want to call for help as the only others still around were the cleaners and id be a laughing stock.
-I considered leaning the bar to slide some weight off but ive seen videos of that going badly.

In the end i took a REALLY wide stance and sort of rocked up from the seated position hearing all sorts of popping in my left knee, thank god it feels OK today

You gotta practice the "roll of shame" for these situations.
roll-of-shame.gif

I've been lucky enough to avoid that situation while benching. It does concern me sometimes because I don't use spotters, but I just hit a little conservative on weights and keep progressing that way. For example I was benching triples last Sunday and I just learned from my body about when I know I can't make the next rep.

All I have to say is one big, resounding OOF!

I've been lucky enough to avoid that situation while benching. It does concern me sometimes because I don't use spotters, but I just hit a little conservative on weights and keep progressing that way. For example I was benching triples last Sunday and I just learned from my body about when I know I can't make the next rep.
That's a pretty cool story.

That's a pretty cool story.

That's really cool that you posted that worthless shit in response to something I said in 2019.

Totally not pathetic. Of course ASU all up here sniffing your farts too

That's really cool that you posted that worthless shit in response to something I said in 2019.

Totally not pathetic. Of course ASU all up here sniffing your farts too
I didn’t bump the thread, but I’ll take the opportunity. Good to see you, sweetie.

Back