Gym Database - Beta

Generally I think your site looks great, good layout, fairly straight-forward interface.

However, I'm not sure its a good idea to limit the additions to owners and webmasters: the kind of people who can be arsed to add details are often just members.
Very good point. I'll update that.

There seemed to be some problems adding in a UK based club, as the area code (referred to in the UK as postcode: the one I'm trying to add is W10 5DB)
Whoops, I've fixed the prob. If you re-enter the area code as "W10 5DB", it should now work right.

Again related to the UK, I only seem to be able to enter the fee in Euros: is there an option to change it to GBP I'm missing?
I'm sure I can get that going ya.

Also, I couldn't add in the kids classes, because they got 45 mins
I did this to make the class adding page not so long, however after you've added the class you should be able to add a custom time of your choice to the class.

It would also be good if the final display on the profile was tabular rather than a purely textual listing: a table is easier to read. Apart from that, I like the way the class system you've got set up works.
Ya definitely a visual class display is on my todo list :D

Finally, logo seems to have trouble uploading:
Hmm weird, could you email me the logo possibly so I can do some testing, my addy is ru .at. gymdb.com

Cheers for the quick response! Most of that is sorted now: postcode works fine, logo ok (as per your previous post), custom times works ok (although for some reason I couldn't update details after I'd saved them once). I sent the link through to the secretary at RGA (not your average secretary, as she's a blue belt who recently did some amateur MMA, so now 1-0-1), as I think she's the person who tends to update the site: hopefully she'll stick herself on there shortly.

Cool, np Slideyfoot, thanks for the feedback and the submission :)

not your average secretary, as she's a blue belt who recently did some amateur MMA, so now 1-0-1), as I think she's the person who tends to update the site: hopefully she'll stick herself on there shortly.
Haha, thats awesome.

Just to let everyone know, Im planning some big things for phase 2 such as finding gyms using Google Maps, private messaging, graphical view for gym calendar (schedules/classes), gym member newsletters and broadcasting, gym news and events and much more...

Back