Gym Confrontations

Luckily my gym's owner is friends with my dad so he told me that if someone was basically being a jerk to me, I should just back off and come tell him. The dude is a pro bodybuilder and one of the best in my country. He also has two 20 year old or so sons helping him.

I have one story about being in the gym.

Now, I'm no Steve Reeves, but I like to keep in shape, anyway after my Pilates class I still had some energy, so I decided to do a little arm workout, I look around the gym LOTS OF PEOPLE, LOTS OF UNUSED FREE WEIGHTS, for the sake of vanity I got found myself a barbell.

I put on a few plates and was just minding my business in the squat rack doing my curls when a rather large man approached me during a rest and said

"you don't have to do that in the squat rack"

I replied

"oh, really, you think my biceps look THAT good?!?, well then I shall do some deadlifts here instead"

the large man scowled, frowned and then looked puzzled and asked

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

to which I replied

"sir, you are beginning to become tiresome, allow me to workout in peace like a good chap"

The large man, shrugged and walked away.

we have this stupid policy that you have to wear trunks in the hot tub and a towel in the sauna ... i have been going to this gym for years before the rule went into place, so i don't think it really applies to me ... a few times some guys have tried to start shit when i've been lying down in the sauna, but i usually sit up when others want to use the place ... some guy got pissed cuz i went and sat right beside him in the hot tub, but the jet was right beside him and i like how it massages my low back ... he just swore at me and got up and left

quality posts

Have you guys ever gotten in to fights or had someone confront you in the gym for a simple, insignificant thing?

I went to the gym yesterday evening, i was feeling pumped since it was chest day. Well i go in the gym, swipe my membership and head to the bench press. I drop my bag next to a bench press and proceed to warm up. The bench doesnt have any weights, they are scattered around the rest of the machines and bench press. In front of me there was a machine with a few plates. From the time i got to the bench press, warmed up, no one was using the machine. I walked over to get a plate and placed it on the barbell. As soon as i placed the barbell this guy comes up and tells me his using the machine and that he needs his plate back. I said,"ok, no problem." I turned around to see if there were any other plates not being used and while i was looking around, the guy grabbed the plate, picked up the barbell from one side and dropped it on purpose. I was planning on giving him the plate. I was like wtf man. It pissed me off. All this other guys saw and had their eyes wide open, i guess expecting me to do something. I got a few plates and began working out. My adrenaline was high and i was doing my set really quick. I sat on the edge of the bench facing the guy and told myself, if he tells me anything im going to call his ass out. I was really expecting him to talk shit to me but he didnt, i eventually calmed myself down and said to myself it isnt worth the trouble. But this shit is bothering me because i feel i punked out lol.
I feel i did the right thing but another part of me is giving me shit.

I bet your panties match your belt....

So today i was doing a full body workout and was doing standing barbell shoulder press. these two crossfit queers show up as usual and are doing some retarded looking plyometrics/stretching. these queers always talk shit on me about how doing 55 lb flys and 225 lb pendlay rows is "impossible" natty and that I must be on the joose.

So this queer is doing deadlifts with a 25 lb plate on each side, doing like 25 reps with horrible form (lol). I go right next to him, and set down a bar and load it up with 365 lbs. meanwhile he looks like this.

I do it for a clean set of 6, letting the weights slam on the pads. everyone looks over and sees this guy looking like a total bittch
So then after, im resting and he comes up to me and says loudly, "hey, could you please not drop the weights like that? its unnecessary and you might injure someone"

At this point everyone was looking over cause the queerwas not discrete in the way he approached me.

So I'm raging from my hormones after such a big lift and i say, "bitch, those are plates, not pillows" and put my headphones in and walk up to the bar to begin my next set
Everyone was chuckling and some hottie cardio bunny was mirin hard.

feelsgoodman.jpg

other people start 'em - i fucking end them.

Jabs and upper-cuts.

reading these stories and picturing meathead rob lowes.... bro.

I used to train at a public gym for years . Never had any problems. Everyone was always super friendly and got some tips from complete strangers. However I once saw 2 guys almost get into a fight over a bench press station but they hug it out few minutes later cuz they realized they both looked stupid.

I caught someone in my gym trying to take a picture of me with their phone as I walked by. Walked straight up to him and made it clear that his phone would be going out the window if he tries it again. The reason he was taking the photo is because Im in China and being the tall-ish bearded foreigner i am, I guess that make me of interest.

Why would you give a shit about this?

Let the guy have his jerk off material...you made his day

wtf-art-o.gif

ahahaha!!

I've never got into an argument or physical confrontation at a gym after I graduated from college. The thing that bothers me more is the conversations between the gym rats. It's like their whole life is centered around the time they spend at the gym so they come off like awkward teenagers. It legitimately gives me douche chills sometimes.

Yeah this is how I feel too, lifting weights isn't life.

Gotta say, I kept waiting for the part where your side muscles were bulging and you spun around 3 times, touched him with the jab, then threw the overhand right correctly and made his wig go flying off with the deadly uppercut.

"I was a little too muscular to try such a stunt".

Still think about that and laugh.

There's these 2 loud grunting idiots at my gym. You know the "Look at me!" type when they lift. They had their pack mentality and one of them was like "Looks like you skip leg day a lot?". Which was weird considering I've never had any sort of interaction with them at all. I look at my 160lb self and tell them it looks like I skip pretty much every day, not just leg day. I'm like whatever, they're idiots but I'm not going to get pissed over a stupid ass comment so I'll just leave it on a joke.

Then they laugh and then the guy turns up his volume so everyone can hear and goes "But seriously those are some scrawny ass fucking legs!!". Now I'm pissed so I get even louder and call him out. Saying shit like "Wtf are you doing checking out my legs for? Why are you so worried about another mans legs?" along with a whole slew of homophobic slurs. This embarrassed the shit out of them because now everyone was looking so of course they had to get tough and have some other guys hold them off of me. I finished my set and decided to leave. As I was leaving a bunch of people in the gym were looking at me with smirks. I'm assuming because they think those guys are douches too. Could have been because of my scrawny ass legs lol.

I would have given you a slow clap. Or one of these if I felt particularly frisky that day:

rnd-rudy.gif

I have one story about being in the gym.

Now, I'm no Steve Reeves, but I like to keep in shape, anyway after my Pilates class I still had some energy, so I decided to do a little arm workout, I look around the gym LOTS OF PEOPLE, LOTS OF UNUSED FREE WEIGHTS, for the sake of vanity I got found myself a barbell.

I put on a few plates and was just minding my business in the squat rack doing my curls when a rather large man approached me during a rest and said

"you don't have to do that in the squat rack"

I replied

"oh, really, you think my biceps look THAT good?!?, well then I shall do some deadlifts here instead"

the large man scowled, frowned and then looked puzzled and asked

"Do you understand what I'm saying?"

to which I replied

"sir, you are beginning to become tiresome, allow me to workout in peace like a good chap"

The large man, shrugged and walked away.

You should brush up on your gym etiquette, bro.

yep, no curls in the squat rack please.

I don't talk to anyone lifting weights, I have traded looks when people stare, a "what the fuck are you looking at" kind of thing. People in the gym can be rude.

Only gym altercation I had was training bjj when a pro fighter kept getting pissed when I would tap him, last time we rolled I put on the worlds slowest kimura and he yelled at me in the gym everyone stopped and starred, I thought we might fight, I told him to calm down, he ran got his gym bag and left mid practice. His own fault for not tapping. Just made me sad/frustrated more than anything, his ego was too big to get tapped, I have drama at home, the gym is a release, and he ruined it for me. I am now more careful who I train with.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back