Gym Confrontations

He was probably irritated that you brought your gym bag into the weight room and threw it on the floor for everyone to trip over. Leave your bag in the locker room brah.

I hate it when people come in with their bag, extra pair of shoes for squats, shaker bottle, preworkout etc. Create their own station 5ft wide.

Some older kid with down syndrome tried to drown me in the pool at the YMCA once. That was fucking scary.

life-goes-on-the-complete-first-season-20070404035928076-000.jpg

Was it this guy?

I've never had an issue. I've had some funny moments, but never a confrontation.

i saw a guy shit his pants

we call him doodoo brown

I hate it when people come in with their bag, extra pair of shoes for squats, shaker bottle, preworkout etc. Create their own station 5ft wide.

Lol i know what you mean even though i do it. But i just dont drop my bag any where as if I am marking my territory. I place it where i know it isnt going to bother people.

Indeed. I was thinking of calling some people to meet him outside, then he said his peace which I had absolutely no problem with. Just remembered, had another slight altercation. Some Paki kid just came up and took a 10lb weight off the press I was using which I took right back.

So you were going to get other people to take care of your business or be back up?

Some Xbox beta gangster stuff

Not sure where you're from, but this is Brooklyn. Ain't nobody fighting fair.

Not sure where you're from, but this is Brooklyn. Ain't nobody fighting fair.
But the fact of the matter is you were going to call guys to mob him over an argument with weights. Do you think he would have waited in the parking lot for you?

Yeah, that guy was probably having a bad day and is just a dick.

1) The parking lot of my gym is shared with a club, and as my friend and I was walking from the parking lot to the gym at 12:00, I spot this pretty girl and I guess her bf. So I make eye contact with the girl and then look at the guy. Nothing crazy just a normal look. The guy breaks eye contact, and then feeling like he lost or something he immediately looks back at me and asks if I got a problem and wants to fight or something like that. I just say no, walk away, and bust out laughing after im a good distance away from this drunk dude. This guy was super scrawny and would have got rekt though. Im talking 130 lbs soaking wet.

2) Same friend different day. My friend and I are being jackasses and throwing medicine balls and chit at each other. Its like 12:00 am again so no one is in the gym except this one huge guy. I pick up a 5lb plate and feint like I am going to throw it at him, and he fukkin hides behind this big guy without the big guy noticing. So the guy is looking at me like wtf are you gonna throw that plate at me and im like no, my friend is behind you.
I ask him why are you just standing there dude im not gonna hit you with the plate you can cross my line of fire, but he just stands there with this mean mug on his face. He replies "I dont wanna FUCKING get hit bro" or something like that but its obvious im not going to throw it, im just waiting until he passes. Anyway he mumbles some shit talk under his breathe or something and I just bust out laughing as he walks away.

lol.

Haha. Gold. "I don't wanna FUCKING get hit bro!" sounds like a meme waiting to happen.

:icon_lol:
Lost at sleeve rolling.

I don't particularly care about other people so I just turn up my music and focus on hitting my numbers but every now and then something either shocks me or makes me laugh.

I was lifting on Sunday morning when two young professional type guys walked into the weight area and immediately launched into about 20 sets of preacher curls. They were curling for about 45 minutes. As said IDC about people so I chuckled then got back to my lifts. I was deadlifting 495 for reps and when I go to drink some water I noticed one of the bros looking at me like I was simultaneously hitting on his girlfriend and shitting my pants.

Yes I try to do the same just mind my own business and workout. I don't strike up conversation or try to make friends with people in the gym. In fact I had to start going to the gym thirty minutes earlier cause this hot girl shows up thirty minutes before I'm done and stares a lot and it's very distracting. I have a GF already so I'm not even interested but she's so hot I can't help but look back and the whole situation is just interrupting my workout.

That's surprising that some dudes were staring you down. One thing I've noticed about this corporate gym environment is there is none of that stuff going on most likely cause we all work here so it would just be stupid to start anything.

But the fact of the matter is you were going to call guys to mob him over an argument with weights. Do you think he would have waited in the parking lot for you?

Well, it's not like I started that shit. Dude was being a dick for no reason. There is no parking lot and the wait is not long. We're right in the middle of Kings Highway East and West. I can call people from either side, just depends who will get there quicker.

Well, it's not like I started that shit. Dude was being a dick for no reason. There is no parking lot and the wait is not long. We're right in the middle of Kings Highway East and West. I can call people from either side, just depends who will get there quicker.
Its true, that guy was being an asshat. But sometimes you just gotta let it go

He was probably irritated that you brought your gym bag into the weight room and threw it on the floor for everyone to trip over. Leave your bag in the locker room brah.

I keep my bag with me at the gym. It's not difficult to make sure it's out of the way.

I always hear about altercations at the gym but ive never seen one. (Used to go alot) just seems silly to me. patience is a rare thing nowadays.

I've never, ever seen a fight at a gym, but I've seen tensions go up. They opened up an Xtreme Couture (Randy's gym) not too far from my house, so I signed up because it was close to home and I got a good deal on it. Most people were great, but occasionally the testosterone got to be a bit too much and tempers would flare.

I'll be honest, it was a very, very douchy gym. I was happy to leave. Lots of showing off and guys trying to be the top dog of the gym. I'm like "dude, I'm fat and unhappy, just go away and let me try to do something before you come in and scream while using the fly weight machine."

we have this stupid policy that you have to wear trunks in the hot tub and a towel in the sauna ... i have been going to this gym for years before the rule went into place, so i don't think it really applies to me ... a few times some guys have tried to start shit when i've been lying down in the sauna, but i usually sit up when others want to use the place ... some guy got pissed cuz i went and sat right beside him in the hot tub, but the jet was right beside him and i like how it massages my low back ... he just swore at me and got up and left

Dang what's up with China? Many in this thread have something or the other to say about the place

anything normal is a spectacle in china...now a guy on a corner eating a scorpion on a stick on the other hand...ain't no thing

Back