Gym closed till the 14th of Jan 2013...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Marbig, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Marbig

Marbig Brown Belt

...so no proper boxing/weights training till then. Of course, their temporary closure is due to the fact that Xmas/New Year is just around the corner but I will still like to exercise in the meantime.

What are some good substitutes (obviously I'm going jogging for cardio) for squats, deadlifts and barbell rows (i.e. SS)?

2. Jits420

Jits420 Yellow Belt

Shadow box, jump rope, push cars, carry heavy s*** like sand bags and large drums, ride a bike, ton of stuff.

Any boxing drills would be sweet i.e. speed bag, shadow boxing, footwork drills, defensive movements, etc, can help you visualize your setups/punches/ducking while building endurance.

3. squat

squat Green Belt

back levers, pistols, pull ups

4. Tosa

Tosa Red Belt

There isn't another gym you can go to? My usual gym closes over the holidays (and every other time it gets the chance), but I'll go to a city gym. It's not as nice, but it's better than most and gets the job done.

5. Chuck Bass**

Chuck Bass** Banned Banned

Use the time to develop something else. Like endurance or muscle endurance, etc. or go on a cut

6. KnightTemplar

KnightTemplar Halloween Belt Platinum Member

This. My Gym is closed for most of the next two weeks, but I managed to find another one that, while not as well equipped, still has enough Free Weights for me to train with, And which only closes on Xmas/Boxing Day and the 1st of January.

7. LegioTitan

LegioTitan Guest

Times like this that I'm grateful to have keys to two decent gyms whenever I feel so inclined. Sucks man.

Is there really nothing else in the area??