Gym and mma?

EvilTimmy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys
Got a question here
Am a gym freak and training 6x a week now sometimes 5 and am deciding to do mma/krav maga too
I work in shifts so only 1 week i would do gym and mma
The mma lessons are mondays/tuesdays(krav maga) and thursdays
Would this be too taxing?
I swim aftee my gym workouts sometimes too or cycle a bit outside

Thanks in advance guys

Well if you've got the time to do all that then awesome. As for it being too much, as long as you're eating enough and getting sufficient sleep then you might find you'll be alright. If you start feeling run down then take a deload week if you don't feel like stopping.
Eat like a beast, bruh.

You need to build it up, I train similar, but it took time for me to build up to be able to handle it. I am on a bulk, so the added calories is what carries me though, no way am I able to do this while on a deficit (cut)

I do PPLx2, and 4 of those 6 days I train MMA/MT/BJJ at nights (AM/PM schedule). I have to adjust the training though. For me, no striking on the same day as a pull day, I've done it before and felt cramps/spasms in the upper back; No grappling of any sort on leg day. Went against a spazz, and matched his pace. On a wheelbarrow sweep, I felt like my already worn out hamstrings were going to tear.

Thanks for the responses
Think I'll start when I am gonna bulk then, right now cutting maybe only positive is that the week i work the night shift i just do gym and swimming so my body rests that week eventually since I would only be doing mma and km 3x/week on the morning shift
Training routine is split
Chest/tri, back/bi, shoulders, legs, arms abs every 2 days ans calves too

But when doing arms i throw in 2 chest exercises and 2 back and sundays I do a small extra leg workout 4 exercises max
Will try and start next month and see what it gives

If you're 20 you can do anything, 30 most things, 40 1 or 2 things, 50+ 1 thing

That all assumes you aren't genetically gifted or on a shit ton of drugs or both

At 23 I ran 3.5 miles every other day, lifted 4 days a week, did mma for multiple hours at least 2 days a week, worked full time and went to college full time. Then reality slowly set in on mr

If you're 20 you can do anything, 30 most things, 40 1 or 2 things, 50+ 1 thing

That all assumes you aren't genetically gifted or on a shit ton of drugs or both

At 23 I ran 3.5 miles every other day, lifted 4 days a week, did mma for multiple hours at least 2 days a week, worked full time and went to college full time. Then reality slowly set in on mr

damN YOU SOUND LIKE MY DOPPLEGANGER LOL

Back