GVT Help

Despite my promise, I have yet to finish my article on high rep deadlifts, but I will tell you that they are highly, highly effective. There are a couple of keys, (1) you are using moderate, maybe even low weight and doing volume work (2) People always cite the form breakdown leading to injury factor, but there is no reason to have your form breakdown IF, you do a rep, stand up, re-grip and pull, so instead of doing 1x10 you are doing 10x1 with only 1-2 seconds between rep, It allows you to stand up, stretch and then get back into perfect pulling position. In my opinion, this is how ALL Deadlift sets should be done, because as you get fatigued, its easy to start bouncing the weight or pulling from a poor leveraged position. Try it and see.

High rep deadlifts are NOT like high rep squats, where you just about kill yourself to get the last few reps in, no, nothing like that, low to moderate weight, pulled for smooth sets of 10 for 4-6 sets. No real strain, but if your not drenced with sweat at the end, something is wrong. I have found that high rep deads actually decrease injury because the increased number of reps strengthens neuromuscular pathways and you also get a chance to "practice" your technique. High rep deads will literally revamp your back structure. I teach high rep deadlifts for regular deads, bent leg deadlifts, deadlifts off blocks and bent legged deadlifts off blocks.

The article will explain the entire premise in detail

Keith

I was actually doing the high reps deads last week. So im glad that im not wasting my time. I didnt think so anyway. Cant wait for the article, thanks!

Despite my promise, I have yet to finish my article on high rep deadlifts, but I will tell you that they are highly, highly effective. There are a couple of keys, (1) you are using moderate, maybe even low weight and doing volume work (2) People always cite the form breakdown leading to injury factor, but there is no reason to have your form breakdown IF, you do a rep, stand up, re-grip and pull, so instead of doing 1x10 you are doing 10x1 with only 1-2 seconds between rep, It allows you to stand up, stretch and then get back into perfect pulling position. In my opinion, this is how ALL Deadlift sets should be done, because as you get fatigued, its easy to start bouncing the weight or pulling from a poor leveraged position. Try it and see.

High rep deadlifts are NOT like high rep squats, where you just about kill yourself to get the last few reps in, no, nothing like that, low to moderate weight, pulled for smooth sets of 10 for 4-6 sets. No real strain, but if your not drenced with sweat at the end, something is wrong. I have found that high rep deads actually decrease injury because the increased number of reps strengthens neuromuscular pathways and you also get a chance to "practice" your technique. High rep deads will literally revamp your back structure. I teach high rep deadlifts for regular deads, bent leg deadlifts, deadlifts off blocks and bent legged deadlifts off blocks.

The article will explain the entire premise in detail

Keith

Thanks for posting Keith. I knew you had spoken to this topic before I just couldn't find it in any of my searches.

Back