Gvozdyk is retiring from Boxing per Steve Kim ESPN

I like the the big Mexican man Ramirez he is f-----g qualility big southpaw great supermiddle proably the best supermiddle looking forward to seeing him at lightheavy .

Only had 17 fights as well on a plus though lightheavyweight is still stacked probably my favourite division in boxing .

Boxrec top 10
Kovalev
Beterbiev
Bivol
Ramirez
Alvarez
Pascal
Browne
Vlasov
Smith Jr
Jack
https://boxrec.com/en/ratings?r[role]=proboxer&r[sex]=M&r[division]=Light+Heavyweight&r[country]=&r[stance]=&r[status]=a&r_go=
18 + 9 WSOB so essentially 27 pro fights(Despite what the ruling on that was made), and fought Bivol in amateurs and beterbeiv in pros.

18 + 9 WSOB so essentially 27 pro fights(Despite what the ruling on that was made), and fought Bivol in amateurs and beterbeiv in pros.

Amatuers dont count mate when it comes to pro boxing i'm a hardcore boxing fan .

Amatuers dont count mate when it comes to pro boxing i'm a hardcore boxing fan .
WSOB were always considered pro fights while maintaining amateur status. It’s a grey area. Like they don’t count on pro records but the fighters get paid for the fights. What do we consider that? Semi-pro is still pro.

plus they use the 10 point must system and 3 minute rounds vs the amateur system

I cant wait to see Ramirez fight a top 10 lightheavyweight man .

The Ukranians have quality boxers man Usyk Gvoydk Lomackenko Postol in Scotland we have a great talent as well Josh Taylor .

It's surprising to hear but the best of luck to him. I don't know his life but I'm assuming he's had a lot of time to think and feels done. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back in a couple years though.

FTFY.

Joking aside, I know it's Top Rank's schtick to protect their dudes like this but Christ Ramirez has had an easy ride as "world champion".
Still think at supermiddleweight he was the best talent mate big raingy Mexican southpaw I still think he'll be one of the best at lightheavyweight .

too bad, but i'm happy for him if he can afford it. did he get any big paydays?

Naw, I’d be surprised if he has more than a 1 - 2 million USD in his bank.
Not bad for an average joe at < 30 yrs of age but for a lineal boxing champ with just a single loss ?

That said, like an earlier post said up above......his friend Dadashev just died in the ring, then he nearly killed Adonis Stevenson and then Beterbiev probably made him feel the same, if not literally then mentally.

I can’t blame him. That’s three times, all different ways, that he's seeing boxing’s worst side and that too as up close and personal as it gets. Maybe the boxing gods or karma are trying to tell him something.
You’ve got to listen.

I liked his style and I liked his demeanour. I wish him all the best in his life ahead.

FTFY.

Joking aside, I know it's Top Rank's schtick to protect their dudes like this but Christ Ramirez has had an easy ride as "world champion".

well he’s jumped out of the frying pan and in to the fire moving to lhw. The division seems slightly less stacked without gvozdyk but it still has Bivol and beterbiev, a quite a few other good fighters. He should’ve stayed at smw imo

Last edited:
Still think at supermiddleweight he was the best talent mate big raingy Mexican southpaw I still think he'll be one of the best at lightheavyweight .

I think he’s on the same level as Callum Smith and benevidez. I’d struggle to pick a winner out of those 3. Lhw is definitely more stacked even with gvozdyk retiring. I think he can win a title but I dint see him beating bivol or beterbiev.

I get the feeling grozdyk won’t be back which is a real shame as he is a fckin quality fighter. With what happened to Stevenson, the beating he took from Betwrbiev, and his age, it’s probably the best move for him. I hope he’s made his money

If he does come back I’d love to see him in with bivol

he fought beterbiev in the amateurs as well. and was humiliated.

Back