Guzman-Arthur made for May 3......

JMyersDTN

Sherdog Writer: Joseph Myers
Reaction score
Guzman-Arthur May 3!
Alex Arthur (26-1, 19 KOs) faces the toughest test of his career when he tackles world champion Joan Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs) on May 3 - but is backing massive Edinburgh support to ensure he is victorious. The Scotsman challenges Guzman for the full WBO super-featherweight title, and knows he has got his work cut out against one of the best fighters in the world. But interim WBO champion Arthur, 26-1 (19) says his home fans could be the key to victory, as the super fight goes ahead at the Meadowbank Arena, Edinburgh. "With my fans behind me I know I can beat Guzman and prove that I belong at world level," said the 29-year-old Edinburgh ace. "He reckons that fighting me will be easy money, but I'm going to give him hell for every single penny he earns," continued Arthur. "I've never been so fired up for a fight in all my life. It's been my dream to fight the best in the world, and now I've got the chance to prove myself, I'll take it with both hands." Setanta Sports televise live in the UK. Tickets priced

Sounds like a pretty good undercard......

Calderon-Dieppa undercard!
More bouts have been announced for the ten-bout April 5 PPV "Civil War II" card presented by PR Best Boxing Promotions at the Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan, Puerto Rico. In the main event, WBO junior flyweight champion Ivan "Iron Boy" Calderon (30-0, 6 KOs) will defend his WBO 108lb title for the second time versus countryman Dieppa (25-4-2, 14 KOs). WBO Latino super flyweight beltholder Juan Mercedes (19-1, 13 KOs) faces Jose "Carita" Lopez (35-7-2, 29 KOs) in the co-feature. In another interesting fight, former Olympian and unbeaten Alex "El Pollo" de Jesus (16-0, 9 KOs) will face veteran Wilfredo "Papin" Negr

Arthur is good but I seriously don't see him winning this fight. I think Guzman earns his first stoppage in awhile here.

Guzman TKO10

Back