Guys, your fav 5 fighters, any of them women? (no sexist)

No, but Jedrzejczyk is comfortably in my Top-20, and really the only female fighter I really like watching.

Aldo
Weidman
Lawler
Bektic
RDA
Assuncao
Machida
Jacare
Maia
Wonderboy
Matt Brown

Then she's somewhere with Dillashaw, Werdum, Edgar, Barnett, Mousasi, Nurmy, Almeida, and other guys from my sig.

Last edited:
my fav women fighters are

tate
cat
joanna
joanne
gina
cyborg

and anyone who beats ronda

I don't really have a solid order after the top 2. But my favorite female fighters are Randa, Miesha, Jojo & Sara McMann.

1. Cruz
2. Randa

All time, Chael is #1.

Active
1. Josh Barnett
2. McGregor
3. Weidman
4. Jacare
5. KJ Noons
6. Yair Rodriguez
7.Johana Jed
8. Rousey
So nope not top 5

Not currently active
1. Frank Shamrock
2. Nick Diaz
3. Fedor
4. Sakuraba
5. Bas Rutten
6. Dan Hardy

I appreciate the most dynamic, technical and effective fighting styles.

So no.

No sexist? When did Sherdog, the bastion of broyness and meatheadery turn so progressive and pc? I want the old sherdog back.

I honestly stopped having favorite fighters a long time ago. I now look at fighters/fights from a betting perspective and from a work perspective. So when we talk emotional investment, it's usually fighters I've worked with directly.

Shogun, Pyle, Roxanne Modaferri, Jamie Moyle, Larkin, off the top of my head. Polish Jedi and Larkin are the only other two I can think of.

As someone who has watch mma for over 15 years, I can't put any recent fighter in my all time favorite, really surprise by how easily people does it.

Right now the only woman in my top 50 would be Megumi Fujii.

As someone who has watch mma for over 15 years, I can't put any recent fighter in my all time favorite, really surprise by how easily people does it.

Right now the only woman in my top 50 would be Megumi Fujii.

Considering how many fighters have made a career resurgence, I'd think it shouldn't be that hard to find one you really liked before and now. Or did you mean only amongst the women fighters?

Considering how many fighters have made a career resurgence, I'd think it shouldn't be that hard to find one you really liked before and now. Or did you mean only amongst the women fighters?

Anyone with less than 5 years at the top.

Anyone with less than 5 years at the top.

That's pretty tough in modern MMA. The old school guys are having a harder time hacking it against these athletes. One of my all time favorites is Machida but even I think he should retire.

Ronda's been one of my top five since you cans were busy not knowing who she was in SF.

Don't know about my top 5. But my top 20 can easily have 10 women.

Women go in more, in my unpopular opinion. Maybe it's the emotional side of them. Pound for pound, they aren't more "unskilled" than men.

My top 5 active fighters in no order:

-Gustafsson
-Rousey
-McGregor
-Joanna
-Mir

So there are 2 in my top 5.

And my top 5 female fighters in order:

-Rousey
-Joanna
-Zingano
-Holm
-Gadelha/Coenen

Probably no women in my top five favorite fighters, but they are probably represented proportionately or even better in my favorite 30 or 50.

Yeah my mom!

...seriously thou, no.

Back