Cerrone
Marquart
The Crow
Colby
Overreem
Hendo
Irvin
Babalu

I think many of us agree that both Dan Henderson and Overeem fit this considering how hyped both fighters were.

Thomas Almeida
Rory
Erick Silva
Uriah Hall when watching that season of TUF
Warlley Alves

I thought Overeem would when he came from Strikeforce. Also, Fedor if he ever signed.... Hendo was another one. Out of those 3, Reem is the only one that has a slight chance, still.

I haven't seen it posted. But Kenny Florian. That dude had so much talent. And to look at how he started as just a grappler. His evolution was awesome. But he never got over that hump to win a belt.

Damn straight- the scrawny kid who first arrived had no chance. The do bronx who has evolved as much as anyone the past 3 years and in his prime can certainly win title. Hes one of 4 guys that I see " and new" as UFC next 155 champ unless khabib comes back. That dude retired at the very top of his scary game.
Had no chance? Did you watch his debut

Romero for one since he did very well against Whittaker and even Adesanya, holding his own against both fights but came up short unfortunately.

Carlos Condit as well since he did very well against Robbie Lawler when he had the belt and also did much better than Rory ever could.

Condit and Hendricks should have fought for the WW strap at one point.

giphy.gif

Had no chance? Did you watch his debut
As far the way you contextualized your post in comparing an offensively anemic Oliveria to Anderson Silva. Yes - no chance but not anymore . Hes filled out his frame and his team has " cordeiro ed" or " werdumed" him. I've set odds on the complete field for winning title and I have him at 7/2 to 1... I only have conor( I hope not) and Dustin ahead of him .......and I'd actually pick Charlie ( on gut feeling ) over both .
Islam the wild card here. I want to see HOW he beats RDA

Surprised nobody’s saying Gilbert Melendez or Shinya Aoki. Lot of people on this site used to be high on the LW’s outside of the UFC a decade or so ago.

Anyways I thought Rory for sure. Brandon Vera after he decimated Frank Mir. Ubereem I thought would get a belt.

Also early to rule out but I think a healthy Tatiana Suarez (from the Esparza fight), could have been 115/125 champ.

Still time, still one of the greatest UFC debuts from memory. I thought to myself this kid is the LW Anderson Silva.

images
Don't think I've ever seen his debut. What was so special about it?

Back