Guys you thought we’re gonna win UFC gold but never did

Will Brooks comes to mind for me. when he came over from Bellator i was sure he would hit gold.

Boy was i wrong there....

Hatsu Hioki is another one. After he dismantled Marlon Sandro in Sengoku i was sure he was championship material in the ufc.

200.gif

"We are"

Tank Abbott, because Tank got duped in UFC due to fake fixed fights and never won a UFC belt, so sad. UFC 6 he was on fire, and made it to the finals, but Oleg Taktarov had a free pass to the final and was fresh, because his fight with Anthony Macias was fixed and a work. Then at UFC Ultimate Ultimate 96 Tank again was on fire, making it to the finals, but Don Frye had a fixed fake fight with Mark Hall, so Frye was fresh for the final, shameful stuff.

Tank should have got the belt twice but was cheated in unbelieve circumstances

H6029Pp1_400x400.jpg

Fedor doesn’t count because he never fought in the UFC. Maybe Dan Severn?

Ricardo Arona -- He was on fire when PRIDE folded. He disappeared, had 1 fight in a random organization, then disappeared again for the past 10 years. He would pop up every few years talking about he was going to return but he never did.

Dan Henderson -- He KOd Wandy at the end of PRIDE. Brutal. He had 2 shots at first. Against Rampage, he looked like a killer. Two guys at their absolute peak. He lost that title shot. Then he lost to Anderson. Then he left the UFC, and then he booked up KOs against Fedor, Shogun, etc. He finally got another shot, and lost against Bisping.

Will Brooks comes to mind for me. when he came over from Bellator i was sure he would hit gold.

Boy was i wrong there....

Hatsu Hioki is another one. After he dismantled Marlon Sandro in Sengoku i was sure he was championship material in the ufc.

Hioki, there's a name I completely forgot about.

No one has said Erick Silva SMH

The first name that came to mind was Michael McDonald. That kid was so young I was certain he was a future champ.

Henderson had the champ pedigree and the rampage fight was such a winnable fight but it wasnt meant to be. Prime Andy showed the separation when dando got shot at 185.
Mousasi started 2-2 ( like alot of eventual UFC champs) and basically ran through everyone on the 8 fight deal after that. No doubt in my mind he wouldve won UFC title ( bisping had title and declined moose s t.shot as UFC stuck gegard with 90 day nego- .....agreed to the rockhold fight 75 days in- but UFC just didn't want to pay).
Unfortunately, most fans aren't aware of this specific timeline.

Also thought the reem would be a one and done champ .

Last edited:
Back