Guys who care how other guys dress/present themselves

Anyone who says they don't hold some judgment on others based on what they wear is full of shit.

This reminds of a story, a tale filled with hardship, dissapointment and frustration. You see, a few years my friend had thought to invite us out to a nightclub to spend a grand old time and see how things were there since most of us had never set foot in a club prior (this was a little over a year ago, so we were 17 at the time). The only pickle was that none of us had a ride willing to take us there. I mean, sure our parents had cars, but we're not about to tell them to take us to a fucking club late at night, that would be stupid.

So we all decided to rendezvous at his place and then power walk all the way from point A to point B. Once all of us were accounted for we realized our first issue. No, it was not the fact that we live in South America and decided to hike at dark in fancy clothes, but rather the fact that two of our group decided to dress up like token robbers and/or total goobers. I won't sit here and pretend all of us were dressed in expensive clothing, but we were presentable goddammit!

Still, we didn't kick them out and decided to head on to our destination. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened besides guys whining about having to walk a long distance, which was to be expected, and we made it to the nightclub before long. As soon as we made to enter the bouncer stopped us and asked if we were with them, while pointing towards the only two guys that wore crinkled shirts and baggy jeans, and we made the mistake of nodding. That was all he needed to decide that he was going to block our entry.

It wasn't due to us being underage, he didn't know that, it was because two fucking guys decided to not put any effort into cleaning themselves up. Not even bothering to at least iron their shirts. The rest of us weren't pissed, we were downright furious. There was no club, it was still dark as hell and we had to walk all the way back to my buddy's house. We did pick up a drink on the way there, but it was still a shit night.

Point is, sometimes these guy's reactions are warranted. Of course the guy you mention dresses like shit too, but still.

This reminds of a story, a tale filled with hardship, dissapointment and frustration. You see, a few years my friend had thought to invite us out to a nightclub to spend a grand old time and see how things were there since most of us had never set foot in a club prior (this was a little over a year ago, so we were 17 at the time). The only pickle was that none of us had a ride willing to take us there. I mean, sure our parents had cars, but we're not about to tell them to take us to a fucking club late at night, that would be stupid.

So we all decided to rendezvous at his place and then power walk all the way from point A to point B. Once all of us were accounted for we realized our first issue. No, it was not the fact that we live in South America and decided to hike at dark in fancy clothes, but rather the fact that two of our group decided to dress up like token robbers and/or total goobers. I won't sit here and pretend all of us were dressed in expensive clothing, but we were presentable goddammit!

Still, we didn't kick them out and decided to head on to our destination. Nothing too out of the ordinary happened besides guys whining about having to walk a long distance, which was to be expected, and we made it to the nightclub before long. As soon as we made to enter the bouncer stopped us and asked if we were with them, while pointing towards the only two guys that wore crinkled shirts and baggy jeans, and we made the mistake of nodding. That was all he needed to decide that he was going to block our entry.

It wasn't due to us being underage, he didn't know that, it was because two fucking guys decided to not put any effort into cleaning themselves up. Not even bothering to at least iron their shirts. The rest of us weren't pissed, we were downright furious. There was no club, it was still dark as hell and we had to walk all the way back to my buddy's house. We did pick up a drink on the way there, but it was still a shit night.

Point is, sometimes these guy's reactions are warranted. Of course the guy you mention dresses like shit too, but still.

The guy im talking about would call you gay for dressing nice

Well, dressing like absolute shit will prevent you from getting hired for many good jobs. There is a minimum imo. Dressing horribly makes most people disgraceful.
It's not complicated to not look pathetic but some people insist on it.

I'm sure we all know a guy like this. One guy im friends with constantly criticizes how other guys choose their style.

An example of something he might say is "hey did you see that guy Jeff? He has one of those fuckboy gay undercuts and wears tight clothes like a girl. What a douche."

Why do some guys care how other guys look? I've never cared how any other man decides to dress or what style they have.

It is latent homosexuality?
Guys who workout and have muscles dont give a fuck what they have on bc they look good. No romo

That's the friend who just needs to burst out the closet.

I've never cared how any other man decides to dress or what style they have.
I care but it just seems everyone else thinks its great, or accepts it, or is just too scared to say something.

Qt7zapv.jpg

<{clintugh}>

Guys who dont know how to dress who knows guys that care about how other guys dress.

Yeah, this is less about caring about how people dress and more someone trying to bring others down because he's too lazy to improve himself

Too lazy to dress yourself? Throw on a tee and sweatpants and say "fashion is for gays and women"

Too lazy for grooming/hygiene? "I'm all natural like a real man"

Too lazy/dumb to become cultured? "That shit is for :eek::eek::eek:s"

It's more a pathetic coping mechanism than anything

I agree. I dress nice because I get laid from it, people view you differently, treat you much better, you get better jobs, etc. It's all about perception.

All you IDGAF fashion is for F%gs are the pathetic ones - making excuses for your own failures.

You my friend?

Everyone is full of shit if they say they don't make judgments on how someone dresses. This isn't a difficult concept. If someone comes up in an Ed Hardy shirt and Tapout hat, you are going to make judgments on them compared to someone in a suit. If some chick is wearing shorts up to her ass with a high cut tank top, you are going to think differently from some girl dressed like a nun. We all make these judgments - some are just too stupid to realize it.

Everyone is full of shit if they say they don't make judgments on how someone dresses. This isn't a difficult concept. If someone comes up in an Ed Hardy shirt and Tapout hat, you are going to make judgments on them compared to someone in a polo shirt and khakis. If some chick is wearing shorts up to her ass with a high cut tank top, you are going to think differently from some girl dressed like a nun. We all make these judgments - some are just too stupid to realize it.

Not everybody speaks their judgement every 2 minutes

You know the latency stage is most closest associated with Odin, or Mercury. The God of communication. As such it's associated with Wednesday, the third day of the week. Or Miercoles, in Spanish.

Back