Guys using the gi to block your breathing?

I'll be training in the gi for the first time ever in a couple weeks and stuff like this makes me dread it. I respect the practicality of learning how to pull on clothes to control your opponent, but am I really training to deal with a guy.....IDK pulling his suit jacket over my face? I also get sport jiu jitsu and enjoy watching certain players. I don't know. I respect the stink palm over the gi smother. Guess it's just personal preference.

Don't worry about training in the GI. This is the first time i have seen it in 6 years of training.

When he had the judo pin he used his farthest arm to undo his GI then he place it over my mouth and used his hand to smother me. No choke or armlock came.

2nd time he did that he told me he was trying to block my breathing.

Honestly this I prefer GI for the technical aspect but this one time I was surprised never seen that before.

at least he didn't try to use his balls to do it... kidding!

I come across this fairly frequently, I always thought it was legal, but I could be mistaken

I've not had that done to me, and I really don't care about unorthodox moves as long as they don't cause injury. That move would change the tone of the roll and if my partners belt ended up around their neck, then so be it.

at least he didn't try to use his balls to do it... kidding!

I come across this fairly frequently, I always thought it was legal, but I could be mistaken

Bat wing right in the breathing holes

This reminds me of a staple of mine from no-gi, in which I get to mount, get a keylock grip, press my knee on their bicep, and then take off my t-shirt and cram it into their mouth.
Lmao

This reminds me of a staple of mine from no-gi, in which I get to mount, get a keylock grip, press my knee on their bicep, and then take off my t-shirt and cram it into their mouth.
Hahaha hilarious dude. I personally prefer the Mandible Claw from that position but like this idea as well.
Mr-socko-puppet.jpg

Back