Guy's that would've been champs if not for GOAT's

Mendes, Chael, JDS, DC

word0.gif

Rich Franklin would still be MW champ.

Rich Franklin would still be MW champ.

As a long time fan of Franklin, I have to say that Belfort and Machida would still smash him every time. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Hendo though.

Hendo in the UFC
JDS would be longest reigning UFC HW champ ever.
Cormier
Faber

Shields

jon fitch

dan henderson

joey B

Cro Cop, Jon Fitch, Okami, Sonnen, Gus and DC. The last 2 still have time though.

I vehemently disagree with that assertion. Maia, or even Prime Marquart yes, Chael no.

Sonnen surely would've been champion (not for too long though)... he defeated many of the top guys of the division (Okami, Marquadt, Bisping, etc).

"like no totally". you consider Serra a goat? or Brock?, how bout Ace?

You read his post wrong. He's saying anyone who got a title shot that had to fight someone like GSP, BJ, Anderson or Jones would probably have gotten a belt if they didn't have to fight those guys for it or their chances of winning the belt would have gone up tremendously.

For example he's saying if Jon Fitch or Jake Shields didn't have to beat GSP for the belt they would have likely won it at least once.

Chad Mendes and Sonnen only ones that come to mind perhaps Gus when he loses to Jones again assuming he makes it pass AJ but most other guys who has goat potential were already champs like Machida,Rashad and Edgar

Back