Guys that got KTFO or Subd, when they were clearly winning the fight?

ethanfranklin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some of us bet on fights.

And MMA being what it is, your guy can be 2 rounds up and going into that third taking you on your way to a BEAST of a parlay.

But this is MMA and every one has had that moment where a guy you were cheering inexplicably went full retard and fucked up the fight, or just got caught with something that ruined his night.

It doesnt happen often, but it always feels like it could happen, each and every time, and when it does its not fun.

smashthetvsept2013.gif

Il start the ball rolling with two that definitely cost me.

The man of the week, Okami, getting chinned by Timbo.

boetsch-okami-ko-o.gif

And Thiago Alves jumping into Kampmann.

Martin+Kampmann+Guillotine+Chokes+Thiago+Alves+UFC+on+FX+2.gif

Add your own examples of guys you were cheering and quite possibly had money on, that managed to prize defeat from the jaws of certain victory.

Feels like this thread was made just to mention Silva/Sonnen 1'

edit ^^ beat me to it =)

Drew Fickett vs. Kos. Can't find a gif of the finish, but:

6lybnt5.gif

hammerfistofdoom.gif

Kampmann's comeback against Ellenberger.

1.gif

2.gif

4.gif

Boom!

KampmannKOTUFLive.gif

Last edited:
Good thread.

Sorry if it doesn't quite fit your criteria because Forrest was the underdog, but Forrest/Rashad. Forrest won the first 2 rounds and looked like he was on his way to a ud win over Shad before getting tkod in the 3rd.

Chuck was winning against Franklin also before he got ko'd.

I can't find a gif, but Neer/Guillard comes to mind. Guillard cut Neer badly with an elbow to the point where it looked like it might be stopped and Guillard was starting to celebrate. Ref let Neer fight, but it likely wouldn't have gone into the next round. Neer triangled Guillard a few seconds after the restart for the win.

I didn't read the OP all the way through. I wasn't cheering for any of those guys, but I'm sure others were. :)

2lo6d02-jpg.gif

Melvin Manhoef was destroying Robbie Lawler before he ate that huge right hand.

Every Overeem and Manhoef fight that they've lost recently?

Chuck was winning against Franklin also before he got ko'd.

That was the first one to come to my mind...Pat Barry v Kongo was pretty crazy too, obviously Chael v Silva 1...Edgar v Maynard 3 deserves mentioning as well...

Back