Guys, let's talk about our yards!

Looks nice man. Good job.

Are you going to put a bench or something to sit there?

Thanks bro. My father in law built us a bench actually and we will put it there. We are also planning on putting an arbor or trellis as you enter the backyard. Have some lights back there and I plan on having my coffee back there with the pup. It's a little escape.

Thanks bro. My father in law built us a bench actually and we will put it there. We are also planning on putting an arbor or trellis as you enter the backyard. Have some lights back there and I plan on having my coffee back there with the pup. It's a little escape.
Oh damn.. that sounds great!

Some solid progress but how the hell did you light your lawn on fire???
I burned a brush pile I had from clearing out a picnic area in the forest. I learned that making a circle of water around the brush pile is not sufficient when you have dry grass around.

Tbh I knew it was a bad idea but something compelled me to do it anyway. I guess I just needed a little spice in my life. Attempting to fight it was exciting. I was running back and forth from the fire to the creek getting 5 gallon buckets of water until the wind blew a massive cloud of smoke to the creek and put an end to my efforts.

I burned a brush pile I had from clearing out a picnic area in the forest. I learned that making a circle of water around the brush pile is not sufficient when you have dry grass around.

Tbh I knew it was a bad idea but something compelled me to do it anyway. I guess I just needed a little spice in my life. Attempting to fight it was exciting. I was running back and forth from the fire to the creek getting 5 gallon buckets of water until the wind blew a massive cloud of smoke to the creek and put an end to my efforts.

Haha oh man! Yeah we are in a drought here in NH so you need a burn permit. My yard would have done the same thing but I'd have had a hose on deck. Boy Scouts for life.

I'm doing the same to the backyard. I need to backfill it as the grass doesn't come in fully. I put in garden boxes and built the patio. I'll rip the backyard up in the Fall.

We are loving the basil man. I can't believe how much we have. I made a delicious basil aoili the other night for burgers. It was unbelievable.

I can't tell how much sun you get but I'd love that area to put in a little garden to grow some vegetables and fresh herbs. Throw a few pollinator plants there and that space would center your yard.

Partial shade at best. I have some veg on the right side.

Haha oh man! Yeah we are in a drought here in NH so you need a burn permit. My yard would have done the same thing but I'd have had a hose on deck. Boy Scouts for life.
My hose isn't 500ft long.... Lol once it made it about 15 yards from the pile to where we let 2-3ft tall wild flowers and grains grow, it was game over.

Lots of ash now

My house isn't 500ft long.... Lol once it made it about 15 yards from the pile to where we let 2-3ft tall wild flowers and grains grow, it was game over.

Lots of ash now

That's a fair point I suppose. I'd only do.a burn pile where I had water access. I also have half an acre and could get water almost anywhere I needed.

That's a fair point I suppose. I'd only do.a burn pile where I had water access. I also have half an acre and could get water almost anywhere I needed.
Yeah, it was an all-around bad idea. I was feeling cooped up and a little self-destructive.

The only really scary part was when the dilapidated house almost caught fire, because my wife wants to renovate it and retire to it one day. I had accepted that it was done for and sat back like:
<escalate99>

I have a fairly big garden and it's a pain in my ass. Pretty much ignoring it at the moment. Only thing good about it is it seems to attract deer and cats so it's like a really shit Zoo back there sometimes
I bought a sandbox for my kid and my biggest worry is leaving it uncovered to find every cats shit from the neighborhood in it.

Reactions: Zer
Yeah, it was an all-around bad idea. I was feeling cooped up and a little self-destructive.

The only really scary part was when the dilapidated house almost caught fire, because my wife wants to renovate it and retire to it one day. I had accepted that it was done for and sat back like:
<escalate99>

I'm glad that didn't happen buddy. I'm going research the statute of limitations on arson and potentially start a thread on it haha.

I bought a sandbox for my kid and my biggest worry is leaving it uncovered to find every cats shit from the neighborhood in it.

That's interesting...I wonder if that happens.

Overhauled the front and back yard by myself. Redid the yard with new greener grass and a small garden project. A small kid's sand box still to come and I will upload pictures later.

Nice man! My favorite thing is enjoying it when it's done. This patio is two years in the making. We finally buckled down and did it. If we had someone do it, it would have cost us thousands.

Mud wrestling pit might work.

Either way but post pics.

front yard looks great this year. Was able to get it fixed up. Back yard looks better but it was so fucked it’s going to take another two years to get to a comfortable place. As long as I keep it mowed it looks great.

front yard looks great this year. Was able to get it fixed up. Back yard looks better but it was so fucked it’s going to take another two years to get to a comfortable place. As long as I keep it mowed it looks great.

I'm in the same boat man. The way I see it, as long as the front yard looks good I'm happy. We have a German Shepherd that runs all over the back yard. Next year I'd like the backyard to be nice but it's not a top priority.

hears some updatred pics of the yard and the animals u see the muscleds on this doggy he a beast Resized_20200718_121257.jpeg Resized_20200718_183543.jpeg
hogod kitty lieks bening outsideResized_20200629_185717_001.jpeg
yjr ustfResized_20200718_093650.jpeghow i wake up wiyh this thing the dogfd

Resized_20200711_195650.jpeg
last pic of kitty, had to put my friend down 2 days ago, was 19 years old with me at every apartment iw as ever in, and made it to my first house . i miss that cat.

Back