Guys, let's talk about our yards!

THE Red Beard

FCF Enforcer
Platinum Member
Reaction score
With this quarantine I am spending my weekends crushing yard work. I'm talking cleaning brush like Rambo, seeding the grass to ensure @Medulla Omoplata levels of green, and also mulching like those flower beds owed me money. Are you Sherbros doing extra yard work with this Covid mumbo jumbo holding us hostage? Talk about your yards you bunch of gardneing Nancies! I'm posting pics when I get home so don't call for a ban of the Ol' Naked Faced artist formerly known as Red beard.

Show me those bushes!

PICS ON PAGE 6!

Last edited:
tenor.gif

I can see everyone is scared after @Medulla Omoplata sexually harassed us. Don't worry, I already filed the appropriate Canadian paperwork to get him canceled. I had 5 yards of black cedar mulch delivered Friday because I have read that cedar mulch is a natural tick repellent.

I have a fairly big garden and it's a pain in my ass. Pretty much ignoring it at the moment. Only thing good about it is it seems to attract deer and cats so it's like a really shit Zoo back there sometimes

I have a fairly big garden and it's a pain in my ass. Pretty much ignoring it at the moment. Only thing good about it is it seems to attract deer and cats so it's like a really shit Zoo back there sometimes

That sounds troubling. You reap what you sow, so I guess you have something going on with planting cats. You really are sick!

I have good mikshakes in the yard

Has the CDC attempted to crack down on all the boys traveling to your yard for those milkshakes? I've heard your milkshakes are known far and wide, and attract all the boys to your dwelling.

I spent 3 days last week installing an invisible dog fence around 7 acres of my yard. It was miserable.

I spent 3 days last week installing an invisible dog fence around 7 acres of my yard. It was miserable.

You can't even see the results! That sounds terrible...you should have just built a moat.

I put a decent amount of time and $ into my yard. It's actually the greenest on the block and fairly plush but i also have all kinds of weird shit growing that i can't f get rid of....clover, few dandelion, broadleaf, other shit i can't identify.

You can't even see the results! That sounds terrible...you should have just built a moat.
Lol that wouldn't have stopped them. They're wilderness hounds that spend half their time roaming the forest. My dogs had been going over and playing with my neighbor's dogs (about 1/2 mile away) which was kind of a problem, but not a huge deal. Then we got a call at 1 in the morning saying one of my dogs was beating up the neighbor's dog. Well, that is a huge deal so now I've got an invisible fence to zap them when they try to leave.

I put a decent amount of time and $ into my yard. It's actually the greenest on the block and fairly plush but i also have all kinds of weird shit growing that i can't f get rid of....clover, few dandelion, broadleaf, other shit i can't identify.

I have been voted best yard in the neighborhood by all the old men but for your issue...
ortho-weed-killer-999411015-64_1000.jpg

Lol that wouldn't have stopped them. They're wilderness hounds that spend half their time roaming the forest. My dogs had been going over and playing with my neighbor's dogs (about 1/2 mile away) which was kind of a problem, but not a huge deal. Then we got a call at 1 in the morning saying one of my dogs was beating up the neighbor's dog. Well, that is a huge deal so now I've got an invisible fence to zap them when they try to leave.

My dog doesn't like to wander but she's also a diva and realizes she is better at our house. My last dog liked to run away and it was a nightmare. Your dogs are the Diaz brothers with fur.

Just mowed and put down 30# of the weed and feed yesterday with a spreader. I hope it works, I have lots of dandelions that need to go.

How long should I wait before the next application of weed and feed?

Just mowed and put down 30# of the weed and feed yesterday with a spreader. I hope it works, I have lots of dandelions that need to go.

How long should I wait before the next application of weed and feed?

It sets in about an hour but takes a few days to work. I'd reevaluate in a week and see how it takes. For best results do it about three hours before it rains and it gets right to the roots. Those dandelions are a pain in the ass and they spread fast.

I need to cut my hedge but the county stopped the green waste drop off near me during the virus. So my hedge is out of control and the other green waste is an hours drive. I don't have a truck so it takes like 8 round trips.

On the other hand my mango's and papayas are coming along nicely and I have some flowers that are blooming near the windows sometimes filling the room with a beautiful scent. My bedroom is benefitting from this currently.

Lawn is growing like crazy here, I'm cutting it twice a week. The weeds are too, I attack them in most areas but it's impossible to kill them all. I'm in the desert so I just refer to the whole body of the lawn/weeds as green dust control. Weeds in larger open areas get cut down to the dirt and death sprayed.
Next week I'll trim the palm fronds back a little, I'm going to try my hand at growing some tweeds back there. I'll probably screw that up.

me and my financee just put a bid on our first h7ome hopefulyl we have ayard soon

Back