Guys, I'm tired - Who are some of the fighters with the worst cardio in the UFC?

Rolles Gracie = #1 of all time.... Dada 5000 lasted longer than him. Besides those 2, Kimbo, Houston Alexander, Phil Baroni, Tank Abbott, etc.

For current fighters, Derrick Lewis, Kevin Lee, McGregor, Zabit, and Maia when he's not in control. Jacare's is pretty sub-par as well as of late too

Well, I know he's not in the UFC for obvious reasons, but I gotta go with Dada 5000.
He literally died on the table after his fight.
But that brings me to Kimbo and Houston Alexander...

Pretty rich to start the thread with the two best Lightweights on the planet.

The most prominent fighter with abysmal cardio might be the man sitting in the bottom left of the following painting.

View attachment 601949

Conor doesn't really have a cardio problem. He threw 322 strikes in Diaz II, and 430 against Floyd. Those are very great numbers. However, he moves forward and throws more than he can reasonably handle in 25+ minutes. That's a pacing problem.

It's like how for a period of time there were those claiming Woodley had 5 round cardio. He really didn't, he just paced his limited gas tank very well across 5 rounds. If you looked at his output he was doing across like 4 fights combined what others were doing in 1 fight. He was going 5 rounds by fighting at 1/4 the pace of others lol. He got away with it because his power let him hold back and just land fewer but more meaningful strikes.

Mark Hunt vs Ben Rothwell fighting in Denver was one of the worst cardio fights I've ever seen.

Groovy Lando is my choice. Dude is dangerous af in round 1 and becomes nothing in 2/3.
That Bobby Green fight was so frustrating to me. He had him all but out in the first, and then goes on to get outstruck for the remainder of the match.

Bobby is tough as hell, but still.

Mickey Gall shocked me in his last fight against Sanchez.He lost all composure due to exhaustion after a single round,he looked like a zumba chick after a sprint.

Rolles Gracie = #1 of all time.... Dada 5000 lasted longer than him. Besides those 2, Kimbo, Houston Alexander, Phil Baroni, Tank Abbott, etc.

For current fighters, Derrick Lewis, Kevin Lee, McGregor, Zabit, and Maia when he's not in control. Jacare's is pretty sub-par as well as of late too
beat me to it with the Rolles shout

will never forget that showing

mark coleman. looked like mark was ready to fall over even before pete williams kicked him.

giphy.gif

Chas Skelly and Joe Ellenberger are two guys who almost seem like they have something wrong with them. They hit a wall and just look like they are dying in there after the first half of the fight.

erick silva always seemed like a front-runner to me.

giphy.gif

Hendrix and Lawler both seem to take off rounds and do very little. Weidman seems to fade in late rounds. And obviously TJ needs EPO to compete so throw him in there too.

Back