"Guys, guys. Hang on. Can I try something?" - Worst Ad Ever?

I thought it was about fighting rape culture, and putting potential homophobes in their place

All that can't go hand in hand?

We get all that. Again, this isn't the 1950s (a concept that doesn't need to be the point of commercials anymore).

What year exactly did preconceived expectations disappear from the human condition? Must be the same year the simplistic humor got 86'd.

All that can't go hand in hand?

What year exactly did preconceived expectations disappear from the human condition? Must be the same year the simplistic humor got 86'd.

If that's what they were going after they missed for the most part. Like I said, ad would have been saved if woman walked next door and gave them a few helpful pointers (and not precursored by rolling of the eyes and condescension) . . . To which they say, "you play?" and "can please play us something! Come on!" To which she gives in and wows them in a more humble way. Instead it's about the whole douchebaggery of showing off and showing up boys trying to learn instruments. It was a failed feminist attempt at what you said.

I don't know...
All I got from that ad was, "Hey, you've gotten old, conventional, conservative and given up on life... buy a Camry!"

If that's what they were going after they missed for the most part. Like I said, ad would have been saved if woman walked next door and gave them a few helpful pointers (and not precursored by rolling of the eyes and condescension) . . . To which they say, "you play?" and "can please play us something! Come on!" To which she gives in and wows them in a more humble way. Instead it's about the whole douchebaggery of showing off and showing up boys trying to learn instruments. It was a failed feminist attempt at what you said.

Holy fuck dude, are you a movie critic? I just thought I wanted to fuck the bitch. You got all this other stuff. I mean "nuance". :)

What I found most offensive was that the closed captions described what wad happening as expert drumming when it was anything but

Before "we got a badass in here" captions . . .

The National Post in Canada thought there was such an epidemic of a lack of female drummers they thought it was article-worthy.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/bl...girls-playing-rock-n-roll-in-garages-so-be-it

Is this the 1950s still?

I'd be just as annoyed with this ad if it were a dude showing up the kids.

I don't have a problem with the commercial. It's the Dave Bidini article that is absurd.

What is most frustrating about the ridiculous article is that Dave Bidini just assumes male prejudice is the sole reason that women aren't getting into drumming when what it really comes down to is a matter of interest. There is nothing wrong with a woman not being interested in being a drummer. Does Bidini really believe that more TV commercials featuring women drummers is going to make women more interested in drumming?

Why is there this sudden drive to force women into things they generally are not interested in and blame men for their lack of interest?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to get a fucking life if this bothers you in any way.

Just another example of feminist brainwashing at work in America.

I hope to fuck you're trolling/joking because if not you're a giant pussy.

He's absolutely right.

It's cool for a woman to barge into men's space and show them up.

But if a man does this to a woman, out come the SJWs with their pitchforks.

It's sexist and hypocritical.

I see a shitty boring ad.. Why exactly is that thread-worthy? Most TV-ads are dull and shitty.
But no, not the worst ad ever. It didn't make me angry. When I watch UFC on some american network I sometimes actually get angry at how bad some of the ads are.
They are so unfunny that I feel severely insulted when I watch them.

[YT]?v=BJDni6Bopzo[/YT]
Super-mad.gif

Seriously. Fuck those ads.

Just another example of feminist brainwashing at work in America.

Good that there are guys like you that can spot their subtle manipulation before it's too late then.

Why is there a drum kit in the kitchen?

He's absolutely right.

I see an ad (a crappy one) showing a bunch of kids being shocked by a middle aged woman owning them on the drums. Kind of like an ad with a granny who can do kung fu, or one with a middle aged white guy in a suit who can breakdance really well. It's just a scenario you wouldn't expect being used in a commercial for affect.

But, no. This is all part of a feminist agenda. LOL!!

This is like when people cry "racism" when there really isn't any. It takes away from when there is actual racism, or in this case feminist brainwashing or whatever you guys claim it to be.

He's absolutely right.

Exactly.

It seems like this ad is on every other ad in Canada. For months now. Drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Back