Guy who won $240k on Holly Holm is wagering $77k on Miesha Tate

You mean the fights she outclassed and outstruck girls in?

I'm drunk. I just remember Holly shouting aish aish and not finishing anyone and looking terrible.

She looked great against cottage cheese ass Ronda though.

lol you don't know the first thing about gambling nerd. Please spar us from rehashing what your mom told you.

99% of gamblers lose, but there are plenty of intelligent gamblers who make a ridiculous amount of money from it.

stop watching these dumb poker movies

gambling is luck and always in favor of the bank

and of course some people will make a huge win, the odds are just very small

Holm pulled-off an amazing performance

Regression to the mean rule would say that this time she's due for a more middling performance.

However, does a Holm middling performance = a Tate victory?

For someone so cashed-up it's not as a ridiculous bet as it seems.

However, was Holm really fighting down to her opponents prior to Rousey?

I'm drunk. I just remember Holly shouting aish aish and not finishing anyone and looking terrible.

She looked great against cottage cheese ass Ronda though.

lol wut

Holly_Holm_vs._Allanna_Jones.gif

tumblr_n6zigb2ld21ry1rm7o1_400.gif

That's not how it works, in any gambling profession.
If you have an edge (like if this guys is legit better at handicapping WMMA than the bookie he goes through) and you use proper bankroll management, you'll never go broke, and will probably be a winner long term.
Professional "gamblers" have been around for centuries, making money. And it's because they're not really gambling. They're exploiting an edge, and doing it many, many times over to reduce the variables.

This guy has been winning for years. Does that mean he wins every bet? Of course not. But he clearly knows what he's doing, and isn't in danger of going broke. A few anecdotes of newer poker players going broke doesn't change that.

Spoken like a true sherdogger with a $50 mil bankroll. :D

He's not betting who he thinks will win, he's betting on value of odds.

Most likely he bet every fight against Rhonda up to Holly. like he bet Bethe to win against Ronda

Holly will 100% win for sure, but he's hoping for a miracle

He's not betting who he thinks will win, he's betting on value of odds.

Most likely he bet every fight against Rhonda up to Holly. like he bet Bethe to win against Ronda

Holly will 100% win for sure, but he's hoping for a miracle

Nope. Holly vs Ronda was the 1st time he bet on MMA in general.

If he bet $20K on Bethe then he's going to end up broke for sure. :D

Damn you'd figure a gambler would know not to chase his losses but most of them have a gambling addiction so it can't be helped.

I know I would have quit if I made $40 million. Gambling addiction is pretty shitty thing to have.
Yeah, anyone who doubts it can be an addiction can find practicality unlimited stories to varying degrees.

To win 40 million and not at least make 5-10 million up your stopping point, let alone broke and then breaking the law, shows how insane the compulsion is. Addiction just sucks in general. Sad stuff.

Nope, Holly vs Ronda was the 1st time he bet on MMA in general.

It's doesn't matter if it was the 1st time he bet on MMA.

All his other bets are based on value, not who he thinks will win.

It's practically pointless to bet on Ronda or Holly even if they win. The payout is too low compared to risk. You''d get better returns just collecting interest in a bank account

It's doesn't matter if it was the 1st time he bet on MMA.

All his other bets are based on value, not who he thinks will win.

It's practically pointless to bet on Ronda or Holly even if they win. The payout is too low compared to risk. You''d get better returns just collecting interest in a bank

You're the one that said "Most likely he bet every fight against Rhonda up to Holly."

I'm just telling you that was the 1st time he did...

This guy is just letting it ride. Probably doesn't know how terrible Miesha's fight IQ is.

His bet on Holly was his 1st MMA bet and he only bet on her because "Ronda was bound to lose eventually" or something like that.

lol how is it a better bet?

Holly was +1250 and Miesha is only +300...

Better as in a safer bet, better odds.

He's losing. Gamblers never learn, make a bunch of money & they gamble it away just as fast.
as a gym rat, mma reporter, and student, I believe meisha can and will do it.

Meisha has no chance. Holm's footwork is way too nice. She'll easily control distance and feed Meisha to the just bleed God.

You're the one that said "Most likely he bet every fight against Rhonda up to Holly."

I'm just telling you that was the 1st time he did...

Yeah but he didn't bet on anything.

If he DID bet 100% for sure he would NOT bet on Ronda. He WOULD bet on Bethe.

He can bet and lose 40+ times on Ronda and only have to win 1 time to make more money back.

i totally forgot its for title too.hope cupcake wins

Yeah but he didn't bet on anything.

If he DID bet 100% for sure he would NOT bet on Ronda. He WOULD bet on Bethe.

He can bet and lose 40+ times on Ronda and only have to win 1 time to make more money back.

Well obviously it goes without saying that you shouldn't bet on a -1000 fighter...

Only a moron would do that.

Back