Guy who won $240k on Holly Holm is wagering $77k on Miesha Tate

Bold move and more power to him. I think Tate is going to get picked apart and finished by the third.

I won $400 off of $50 on Holly at +800. +800 is a good value bet in the UFC. It's a fight. Anything can happen. Tate is +265 right now. I expect her to be +190 by fight time.

So Ronda took Meisha down with ease, Ronda couldn't take Holly. So it's likely a stand up fight. And he bet on Meishas. He's losing 77k.

Styles make fights. Meisha is more of a wrestler, while Ronda's approach is virtually pure judo.

If Holly cannot stop Miesha, I would not be surprised if Tate wins the decision.

I think the current odds are what they should be. I don't see Miesha winning this. This fight will play out like how Wonderboy vs Hendricks played out. Reach and distance control will be too much for Miesha.

tate has much better take down technique then ronda, this will be more interesting

Well 163k is still profit, so congrats to him.

Edit: From other comments, looks like this is all chump change to him anyway.

tate has much better take down technique then ronda, this will be more interesting

I wouldn't say she has much better "take down technique" as they both have different approaches at getting their opponents to the ground. Miesha uses wrestling techniques, while Ronda uses Judo techniques. When I visualize this fight, I just see Miesha being Hendricks and Holly being Wonderboy. I don't see Miesha being able to set up for take downs on Holly as she's not very explosive and kind of slow.

Must have felt like donating 77,000 dollars what a good guy.

Lol, this guy is about to lose out on a pretty good chunk of that $240,000. He should really study both Holly & Miesha's fights and fighting style before he makes a bet like this.

He should really do some research on both and learn how to match them up more in a more realistic point of view, stylistically speaking.

Holly is a horrible match for Miesha.

I'm taking Holly to win by TKO in the 3rd. I feel she will pick Miesha apart rather easily, land big shots in the first two rounds, land some more big shots in the 3rd but one of them will eventually stun her badly.

She'll get hurt, she'll slowly fall to the mat on her back, covering up. The ref will be telling her to fight back, but nobody's home, Miesha isn't answering, and the ref jumps in and stops the fight.

This is how I see it going. Her striking is going to be too much and Miesha won't be able to take Holly down. Her distance control and footwork is too good, she'll be forcing Miesha to be shooting from the outside, giving Holly tons of time to react and stop the TD with ease.

I know there's tons of people who still might think Holly's TDD is a question mark against a wrestler since we've only seen her against a great Judoka (an Olympic level one at that!), but she has the best TDD in the division.

You don't believe me now, but you will after this fight. I guarantee that some of you guys will see that she easily has the best TDD in the division. I'm very, very confident when I say that.

I'd seriously make a sig bet with somebody about it - if Holly doesn't get taken down, I win the sig bet - if she gets taken down, you win the bet. Anybody up for it?! :)

Last edited:
He's losing. Gamblers never learn, make a bunch of money & they gamble it away just as fast.

lol you don't know the first thing about gambling nerd. Please spar us from rehashing what your mom told you.

99% of gamblers lose, but there are plenty of intelligent gamblers who make a ridiculous amount of money from it.

LOL at people thinking he has only won the Holm bet. Pretty sure the guys a millionaire if not as close as you can be to one

***CONFIRMED MULTIMILLIONAIRE

Yeah, he's got millions now but he can still end up broke in a couple of years.

All gamblers face that risk. There's plenty of poker players that made over $10 million that ended up broke.

This same guy won, $2.5mil on betting the kc royals before the season and then won $2mil on the broncos to win superbowl and then the holm Rousey fight. So yeah he rakes
Damn, no wonder why he doesn't mind upping his bet sizing. The Broncos bet even on a moneyline still had to be like 1.5 million down. This guy must be loaded.

He should have laid some cash down on nate.

He's losing. Gamblers never learn, make a bunch of money & they gamble it away just as fast.

this

gamblers always tell you about their great wins, not about their numerous losses...

I'm a Tate fan but don't see her having a chance to get close to Holm. She starts slow, her boxing defence is not on the level of Hollys offence, add to that the fact that Holms distance control is vastly superior and it all adds up to a Holm victory.

Good luck on the bet though...

Has he seen Tate's fights? Blocking punches with her face isn't going to be good against a boxer the caliber of Holm

Maybe he say Holly's fights besides the Ronda fight. You know, where Holly looked like shit and everyone was underwhelmed? Tate is going to pressure Holm, and she doesn't have a retarded coach and isn't spending her time making movies and eating butter.

Yeah, he's got millions now but he can still end up broke in a couple of years.

All gamblers face that risk. There's plenty of poker players that made over $10 million that ended up broke.
That's not how it works, in any gambling profession.

If you have an edge (like if this guys is legit better at handicapping WMMA than the bookie he goes through) and you use proper bankroll management, you'll never go broke, and will probably be a winner long term.

Professional "gamblers" have been around for centuries, making money. And it's because they're not really gambling. They're exploiting an edge, and doing it many, many times over to reduce the variables.

This guy has been winning for years. Does that mean he wins every bet? Of course not. But he clearly knows what he's doing, and isn't in danger of going broke. A few anecdotes of newer poker players going broke doesn't change that.

Maybe he say Holly's fights besides the Ronda fight. You know, where Holly looked like shit and everyone was underwhelmed? Tate is going to pressure Holm, and she doesn't have a retarded coach and isn't spending her time making movies and eating butter.

You mean the fights she outclassed and outstruck girls in?

Back