Guy who won $240k on Holly Holm is wagering $77k on Miesha Tate

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/the-gu...olm-is-wagering-77k-on-miesha-tate-at-ufc-196

Dave Oancea, better known as “Vegas Dave,” is again betting big on MMA, this time on UFC 196 co-headliner Miesha Tate.

The professional gambler just wagered $77,000 the onetime title challenger will win gold at Saturday’s pay-per-view event at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

“He just texted me earlier today,” Tate (17-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) told MMAjunkie Radio. “He said, ‘I’m upping my bet to $77,000.’”

Oancea has a thing for MMA underdogs. He bet big on Holly Holm (10-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) this past November at UFC 193, wagering $20,000 the former boxing champion would upset Ronda Rousey. When Holm knocked the MMA star with a head kick, he collected a cool $240,000.

Now, Holm is the betting favorite heading into her first title defense, and Oancea is going the other way.

Doesn't seem like a good idea, but you never know.

He's losing. Gamblers never learn, make a bunch of money & they gamble it away just as fast.

giphy.gif

Damn what a boss

I think the current odds are what they should be. I don't see Miesha winning this. This fight will play out like how Wonderboy vs Hendricks played out. Reach and distance control will be too much for Miesha.

Would be cool to see Miesha finally grab that UFC gold. Holly is no joke though.

Has he seen Tate's fights? Blocking punches with her face isn't going to be good against a boxer the caliber of Holm

I agree Tate's styles could pose problems for Holly where it is worth the underdog bet, but not 4x the bet. That's fucking weird. Bet sizing staying consistent is supposed to be the mark of a pro better.

Maybe him texting Tate has something to do with it? Carroway better start earning again, a guy actually making money is hitting up his girlfriend!

Wonder what other dogs he has won on? Or is it just case of betting on every dog till one hits. Probably has lost more than he has won.

Wonder what other dogs he has won on? Or is it just case of betting on every dog till one hits. Probably has lost more than he has won.

I think he is generally known to bet other sports.

If my memory serves me correctly he bet a pretty large sum of money on KC Royals to win the world series at the beginning of the playoffs, also called Texas to win their division when they were last place and with regular season winding down.

I read an article about him in the original Holm/Rousey bet thread, the general gist seemed to be he was dipping his toes into MMA, after finding success elsewhere.

This same guy won, $2.5mil on betting the kc royals before the season and then won $2mil on the broncos to win superbowl and then the holm Rousey fight. So yeah he rakes

Back