Guy Ritchie (director) got his bjj black belt

TX Fighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
... from Renzo Gracie. I remember reading years ago that he was a purple belt. Renzo said Guy trains very regularly and had been a brown for about 8 years.

His movies are awesome and he's got a unique style and coolness in his films. Check them out! Snatch, lock stock, etc.

By the way, Snatch is one of my favorite movies. And I haven't seen his newest film (The Man from UNCLE), but am sure its got some pretty stunning visual effects.

Guy seems like a cool dude. Now a black belt, would have to add him to the top 5 celebs that I'd want to hang out with

TautUncommonDromedary.gif

Love it

Revolver had great visuals. Despite a weaker story, still worth watching

I thought Revolver was his weakest movie...
Interested in seeing what he does with King Arthur.

... from Renzo Gracie. I remember reading years ago that he was a purple belt. Renzo said Guy trains very regularly and had been a brown for about 8 years.

When I was a white belt, I remember someone on here making a thread about him being a blue belt and posting some comp. pics of him.

That would put him at about the 10 year mark as far as training goes.

Pretty cool.

Nice. I guess that explains the grappling in Sherlock Holmes.

At the premier for your now hollywood movie, and Renzo turns up to give you your black belt.

Must be nice!

Guy-Ritchie-recebe-a-faixa-preta-de-BJJ-de-Renzo-Gracie-Foto-GRACIEMAG1-494x600.jpg

Lots of people from the UK's judo/BJJ world play extras in his films. A couple of months ago there was a post on the UK BJJ Underground Facebook group asking for extras for Ritchie's King Arthur film.

Somebody tell him its pretty douchey to wear a black belt without a gi

years ago in LA he was directing a pilot on Supreme Court or something I was an Extra, talked to him and his training body for a good while, they were browns in BJJ and blacks in Judo I do believe.

Back