Guy overreacted to Trump opinion

facePuncher7

Founder of the militant wing of the Salvation Army
@Brown
Reaction score
Shock horror.

So I study Thai at a school in Thailand.

This older American guy, usually pretty cheerful, sitting up the back, chiming in every now and then with a joke about funny pronunciations etc etc.

Someone made a light hearted reference to Trump during class yesterday and he said "God forbid that guy sticks around". English guy responded, still in a light hearted way "honestly I think I'd prefer him over the alternatives".

American guy closed his book, stood up, phone + wallet in pocket, picked up book and walked out.
Later last night he left the Line group chat with all the students in it (for arranging class stuff).

Honestly I think this guy just rage quit his whole Visa because someone had a differing opinion. I've never seen anything like it in my life before.

Shock horror.

This older American guy, usually pretty cheerful, sitting up the back, chiming in every now and then with a joke about funny pronunciations etc etc.

Someone made a light hearted reference to Trump during class yesterday and he said "God forbid that guy sticks around". English guy responded, still in a light hearted way "honestly I think I'd prefer him over the alternatives".

American guy closed his book, stood up, phone + wallet in pocket, picked up book and walked out.
Later last night he left the Line group chat with all the students in it (for arranging class stuff).

Honestly I think this guy just rage quit his whole Visa because someone had a differing opinion. I've never seen anything like it in my life before.

What visa?

Shock horror.

Welcome to America, where have any opinion than mine right or left, cons or liberal . im going to turn into a child and throw a fit. People are ridiculous.

Welcome to America, where have any opinion than mine right or left, cons or liberal . im going to turn into a child and throw a fit. People are ridiculous.

Only the left behaves that way about people with different opinions

Foreign legions in effect. Imagine living in a third world country and worrying about politics on the other side of the planet. Like damn I think dengue and malaria should be something more important to
Worry about.

Foreign legions in effect. Imagine living in a third world country and worrying about politics on the other side of the planet. Like damn I think dengue and malaria should be something more important to
Worry about.

I remember visiting Peru (I’m British) during and after the Brexit vote. All the British teachers (who have all lived abroad for years, some decades). They were all going crazy. Getting really nasty about the result.

I think expats get way more obsessed with back home politics than many actually at home.

Only the left behaves that way about people with different opinions

Ya, the right is totally reasonable with their "everyone on the left is a":
Marxist
Communist
"The real racists"
"Supports riots/rapes/looting/arson"
Etc.

Not sure if true story, but regardless, if Biden gets in these little temper tantrums are gonna get old fast to normal people. Before, it was part of an overall cause that the more moderate left put up with since they were on the same page. Wait until they start throwing tantrums without the big bad Orange Man to blame. Progressives better check themselves quick, because the moderates won't put up with their shit when the ire is directed at their guy, and there's way more of them than the never happy blue hair brigade.

I remember visiting Peru (I’m British) during and after the Brexit vote. All the British teachers (who have all lived abroad for years, some decades). They were all going crazy. Getting really nasty about the result.

I think expats get way more obsessed with back home politics than many actually at home.
Idk having to chlorine ur water and or boil it to avoid stomach parasites would be much higher on my concerns list then election results.

Worry about.

Thailand is not a third world country

Back