Guy has pet polar bear

Karate-bear-attacks-woman.gif
Ursid of peace?

What was that movie with all the untrained lions and tigers? I believe they just went around whooping the actors asses the whole time but it kinda fit what the movie was about.

What was that movie with all the untrained lions and tigers? I believe they just went around whooping the actors asses the whole time but it kinda fit what the movie was about.

Roar. Dude was nuts and didn't seem overly worried about whether Melanie Griffith got turned into hamburger.

I had a half-lynx and that thing was never anything but feral. It fucked me up plenty of times... I can only imagine having a Polar Bear.

Was doing tile work at cottage, showed up on saturday morning and they showed me around before heading out for the day, told me to stay away from their dog (some kind of tiny cat dog) bc it yapped and nipped, it was behind a door so no worries. Easy to avoid.

I was on my knees working on the floor in he bathroom and the door gets nudged open about 2 feet from me and I look up and see a lynx. I'm eye to eye with a lynx that came in the open front door i must have left open and serious shits about to go down, i have a tape measure, a pencil, and my hands available as weapons. Big trouble coming my way. Stomach drops. It freezes when it makes eye contact with me then rolls over and offers its belly for scratches.

It was a black and white may coon (thats what it sounded like anyways), i had no idea they even existed. Fucking labrador sized house cat with pointy lynx ears and they owners never mentioned it, they were worried about this football sized dog i could have punted halfway to the horizon but didnt mention this weirdly enormous cat to me. Time stopped in my life when i saw that thing, i was sure i was about to get shredded at the very least.

You believing exotic pet ownership is good told me all that I needed to know about how much "sense" you have.

Ah we reach the obligatory part of the argument where the frustrated party throws ad hominens.

That bear is beautiful, animals can forge tight bonds with humans, if I hand raised him from a small cub, I would be good with it…hats off to the people that care for and genuinely love these animals..
We have a place in upstate NY that raises and protects grizzly and black bears, we are going to arrange for a private tour…

Yeah almost anything raised from birth by humans is going to be considerably safer than their wild born counterpart. Whether that's safe enough is another issue. But yeah these people do good work.

Here's a park where they've domesticated many of the lions to the point where it's safe for them to hug tourists. And not the drugging them up thing either but where the lion runs up to you and wants a hug.

It’s a really big dog that isn’t bred to fear you. I imagine you can forge a relationship with one just fine, but if he gets hungry or scared, you’re gonna have a bad time. Like, it’s like a dog, but if the dog snaps or nips out of anger or fear once, somebody dies.

Totally different... dogs evolved to be social animals, they are wired to respect the leader of the group.

Bears are solitary as adults. They don't respect hierarchy in the same way that a Canine does. A young bear is more social (so it doesn't kill it's littermates), but once they mature all that goes out the window.

These creatures are designed to kill and enjoy it. They will live with you for years and eat you and feel nothing but indifference.

Last edited:
These creatures are designed to kill and enjoy it. They will live with you for years and eat you and feel nothing but indifference.

I mean these were wild bears(and grizzlies the 2nd most dangerous type) that isn't the same thing. And while people make fun of the guy for being naive for trusting the bears he was only killed by a new bear he was unfamilar with in a situation where he basically did everything imaginable wrong and all but begged it to attack him(and his gf which made it more fucked up). He'd probably still be alive if he kept to his established yearly routine but he was the sort of guy that got off on danger and once he realized that he was safe doing that it was no longer good enough for him.

Perfect example of how mass media highlights insane people who are piss poor ambassadors for animals. They don't want to see people owning healthy happy exotic animals they want to see a trainwreck where hopefully someone gets eaten.

Roar. Dude was nuts and didn't seem overly worried about whether Melanie Griffith got turned into hamburger.

Probably make a decent argument for a higher power on the fact that no one died on that shoot. Some of the craziest, unbridled insanity I've ever seen and that's just from looking at the still photos and reading about it. What was the studio insurance policy like on that film? I believe Jan De Bont, the director who was a cinematographer at the time, got pretty scratched up though.

Here's a park where they've domesticated many of the lions to the point where it's safe for them to hug tourists. And not the drugging them up thing either but where the lion runs up to you and wants a hug.

Jeez. This park has already built quite the rep. A simple google search will unearth all types of crazy. Yes btw, there are accusations of them being drugged. Beaten. Fed crap. Terminated. Its Russia ffs. That should tell you plenty.

Stop intentionally domesticating these animals and let them roam in the wild. Its not good despite what this nutjob seems to believe.

I love exotic animals. Enough to know they dont belong in restrictive pens, cages, yards, rooms, etc. Stick to dogs and small house cats.

Last edited:
that polar bear could break his neck and or back by accident that thing has to weight as much as a car.

I hope that dude doesnt eat salmon because that bear could still smell it in him even if he cleans it off and attack him.

Guy dives under the sheets and pleasures his wife. Polar bear smells tuna on his breath and eats his face.

Thread should be renamed to 'Polar bear hangs out with future snack' it is only a matter of time.

"So this is Barbara, she's here to experience that domesticated Bears are nothing to fear..." freaking gets mauled.

Love to know what went through that Bears mind. Thing was clearly insulted.

Back