Guy has pet polar bear

It’s a really big dog that isn’t bred to fear you. I imagine you can forge a relationship with one just fine, but if he gets hungry or scared, you’re gonna have a bad time. Like, it’s like a dog, but if the dog snaps or nips out of anger or fear once, somebody dies.

It’s a really big dog that isn’t bred to fear you. I imagine you can forge a relationship with one just fine, but if he gets hungry or scared, you’re gonna have a bad time. Like, it’s like a dog, but if the dog snaps or nips out of anger or fear once, somebody dies.

Karate-bear-attacks-woman.gif

This kind of shit needs to be banned outright. This, any kind of exotic pet ownership....not good at all. Stupid on so many levels.

Exotic pet ownership is good(most animals are not this dangerous, like why tf can't I own a cheetah when they are less dangerous than some dogs?)and wrongfully demonized by reality tv who filmed a bunch of insane people for entertainment purposes. This is too far though I'll admit but what is or isn't "exotic" is a social construct. The reason this is notable is I have never seen someone own a polar bear before, lions, tigers and bears(in that order specifically) if they are raised from birth are managable to a certain segment of the population. Only animal that is so dangerous I've never seen a human own is a komodo dragon.

So this was what Ricky Martin was telling us about.

Exotic pet ownership is good(most animals are not this dangerous, like why tf can't I own a cheetah when they are less dangerous than some dogs?)and wrongfully demonized by reality tv who filmed a bunch of insane people for entertainment purposes. This is too far though I'll admit but what is or isn't "exotic" is a social construct. The reason this is notable is I have never seen someone own a polar bear before, lions, tigers and bears(in that order specifically) if they are raised from birth are managable to a certain segment of the population. Only animal that is so dangerous I've never seen a human own is a komodo dragon.

Just let the damn animals live and roam free how they should. Theres nothing good about some dude keeping a python in his condo, or some hicks having tigers and shit caged up in the back yard. They are not meant to live with or around humans. Humans will be stupid humans though and never see the wrong in it.

Just let the damn animals live and roam free how they should. Theres nothing good about some dude keeping a python in his condo, or some hicks having tigers and shit caged up in the back yard. They are not meant to live with or around humans. Humans will be stupid humans though and never see the wrong in it.

Who are you to decide what is or isn't "meant" to happen? What domestication is "meant" to happen and what isn't?

Wild animals and natural habitat are social constructs. If you think animals should live in their natural habitat you should be willing to be homeless cause that's all of our "natural" habitat. There's some extreme examples that are completly incompatible with domestication but to the extent it's workable who are you to determine what pets are normal and what are "exotic"?

I had a half-lynx and that thing was never anything but feral. It fucked me up plenty of times... I can only imagine having a Polar Bear.

Eventually that bear will get tired of the guys bullshit, and attack him.

Who are you to decide what is or isn't "meant" to happen? What domestication is "meant" to happen and what isn't?

Wild animals and natural habitat are social constructs. If you think animals should live in their natural habitat you should be willing to be homeless cause that's all of our "natural" habitat. There's some extreme examples that are completly incompatible with domestication but to the extent it's workable who are you to determine what pets are normal and what are "exotic"?

Its called common sense genius. Keeping a siberian tiger, reticulated python or chimp as a pet makes about as much sense as leaving your 6 year old son with a catholic priest. Humans evolved homie. Theres evidence of humans living in home like constructs for over a million years so why even use that analogy.

Back