Guy gets accused of rape, commits suicid, then mom also killed herself. Turns out it was false accus

Proven false rape accusation should have some serious fucking consequences.

In 2011 in Maryland, a man was awarded $852,000 and full custody of his children after he was able to prove that his ex-wife had falsely accused him of sexually assaulting their daughters. The ex-wife had accused the man of sexually assaulting the children in order to gain an advantage in a custody dispute. This led him to lose his job and find it almost impossible to obtain another for 5 years while he fought the legal battle to clear his name.

In 2011 in Maryland, a man was awarded $852,000 and full custody of his children after he was able to prove that his ex-wife had falsely accused him of sexually assaulting their daughters. The ex-wife had accused the man of sexually assaulting the children in order to gain an advantage in a custody dispute. This led him to lose his job and find it almost impossible to obtain another for 5 years while he fought the legal battle to clear his name.

Once your blamed, and even found guilty ppl will still deem you guilty.

Good on him for getting retribution but damn, I'm sure he didn't even get to see his daughters in that 5 year span and those are years he'll never get back with them.

One incident?

Well, I'm convinced.

no he didnt. whats your point though?
Just wanted to make sure I had all the facts straight since the tone of your post seemed to suggest that I was wrong in my assessment of the whole sordid situation
Nope, spot on

I see that the accusation was withdrawn, but I don't see where it was conclusively false. Many such accusations are withdrawn or never even made because they can be impossible to prove.

I see a ton of people here piling on the girl who made the accusation. What if she was right? We don't know what happened here.

I know almost nothing about the law, but I feel confident that leveling false accusations is already criminal if it can be proven there was intent to pervert justice. Failing to prove it happened doesn't prove it didn't happen, though.

I think you've got a fair point.

There are a lot of reasons to withdraw an accusation other than it being made up in the first place.

Fucking horrible situation regardless.

Just wanted to make sure I had all the facts straight since the tone of your post seemed to suggest that I was wrong in my assessment of the whole sordid situation
Nope, spot on

To be honest, unless you've been falsely accused of raping someone, or witnessed the impact it can have on the life of someone who has been, you aren't in the position to be able to judge. It's not like being falsely accused of shop lifting. False rape accusations, especially if they've been reported in the news, can haunt someone for years. The guy I knew was beaten up a couple of times over it, one time he ended up in hospital with a broken arm and jaw, and that was months after she admitted she had made it up.

To be honest, unless you've been falsely accused of raping someone, or witnessed the impact it can have on the life of someone who has been, you aren't in the position to be able to judge. It's not like being falsely accused of shop lifting. False rape accusations, especially if they've been reported in the news, can haunt someone for years. The guy I knew was beaten up a couple of times over it, one time he ended up in hospital with a broken arm and jaw, and that was months after she admitted she had made it up.
I was falsely accused back in high school at an end of the school year party
Didnt even fuck the bitch just fooled around with her a little bit but she was too drunk to even stand so I left her in the park across the street and went back to the party
She came back later talking about I forced her but lucky for me since I never actually did anything with her it quickly went away
Am I qualified now?

I was falsely accused back in high school at an end of the school year party
Didnt even fuck the bitch just fooled around with her a little bit but she was too drunk to even stand so I left her in the park across the street and went back to the party
She came back later talking about I forced her but lucky for me since I never actually did anything with her it quickly went away
Am I qualified now?

No, some drunk bint asking you why you grabbed her arse isn't the same as you being arrested as a result of being accused of raping someone, and it being reported on by the local newspaper. People talk, shit like that spreads around fast. Being falsely accused of raping someone can fuck your life up for ages after the fact.

I think you've got a fair point.

There are a lot of reasons to withdraw an accusation other than it being made up in the first place.

Fucking horrible situation regardless.

Just about everyone in this thread is just assuming she lied.

Maybe she did, but we don't know.

Where it gets complicated is we don't know if he raped her, either.

I generally walk away from these situations thinking "I don't know" and that's the end of it. People here are so quick to light their damned pitchforks.

No, some drunk bint asking you why you grabbed her arse isn't the same as you being arrested as a result of being accused of raping someone, and it being reported on by the local newspaper. People talk, shit like that spreads around fast. Being falsely accused of raping someone can fuck your life up for ages after the fact.
I have a sneaking suspicion that no matter what I said there it you wouldve claimed it wasnt good enough because it doesnt fit your fancy pants little narrative

Why because I dont have sympathy for people that cant handle life?
Grow up where I grew up and how I grew up and then tell me how hard life is, tell me about all the fucked up things you gotta learn to deal with
Shit aint all peaches and cream for everybody and if this one thing was enough to break this kid then he was in for a rough ass road once he got out from under mamas skirt and started getting kicked in the ass on a daily basis
Gosh, wouldnt it be hilarious if you and your family developed mental illness and blew your heads off. Now that would be hilarious. Cop the fuck on and have some compassion. You sound like a terrible bastard

So you don't know what I was supposedly trying to convince anyone of? You were just being smarmy?

I believe that you were trying to convey the opinion that women who make false rape accusations often face serious consequences.

Smarmy? Woah bud, seems a bit excessive. I was just making a sarcastic comment.

Gosh, wouldnt it be hilarious if you and your family developed mental illness and blew your heads off. Now that would be hilarious. Cop the fuck on and have some compassion. You sound like a terrible bastard
What does "Cop the fuck on" mean?

Back