Gustafsson's reach exagerrated in new commercial?

BigFatPhony

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I've seen Gustafsson's reach listed at 76.5 in the past, this is a still from a commercial I saw while the prelims were being broadcasted. Thoughts? My bad if it's been posted.

Last edited:
His reach is by his own account 81.something.

Oh ok, I stand corrected then.

I've seen the UFC manipulate GSP's reach in the past, and a couple other times that I can't recall off the top of my head, I thought that may be the case here.

Man, I don't even care man, I'm watching the fight.

The past stat you saw was incorrect, as are many of ufc's stats. Gus corrected them.

It was a stupid commercial, regardless. It was still better than that ridiculous exploding heads one.

Yeah as mentioned above, he has said himself that 76.5 is not correct and said 81 is his real reach

Source? TS isn't proving anything. He's a phony, a BigFatPhony

thread starter not dumb. UFC totally does this stuff. how can Gus' reach be wrong all these years now hes fighting Bones so they made sure his reach is correct? and b/c hes taller than Bones but has a short reach it makes this whole "Bones is fighting someone with equal reach" sound retarded which it is.
UFC selling wolf tickets again.

IMO Gus should have never said anything about his reach being listed 5in short. I feel that is a bigger advantage to him if his opponent thinks his reach is 5in less than it really is

thread starter not dumb. UFC totally does this stuff. how can Gus' reach be wrong all these years now hes fighting Bones so they made sure his reach is correct? and b/c hes taller than Bones but has a short reach it makes this whole "Bones is fighting someone with equal reach" sound retarded which it is.
UFC selling wolf tickets again.

I appreciate it BuffaloEmperor

IMO Gus should have never said anything about his reach being listed 5in short. I feel that is a bigger advantage to him if his opponent thinks his reach is 5in less than it really is

Maybe his reach actually IS 76.5" and he's just doing this to misdirect :icon_surp

Said in his latest vlog they'd given both him and Jon new reaches so he did it himself in the hotel room and had a 79 inch reach. Seemed as confused as we are.

Edit: Also said Jon had a 83 inch reach so maybe they add a couple of inches to both fighters?

The UFC is really inconsistent with the fighter stats:

Carwin-Mir-Tale-of-the-Tape.jpg

Mir-vs.-Carwin.png

So sad that they don't promote how good skill-wise Gus is instead they just talk about how he is a inch taller with still a reach disadvantage lol.

Back