Gustafsson's hair cost him the Jones fight.

That first gif - lol.
It's like Gus is too tall to reliably eyepoke, so Jones had to try get his toes in there.

But, yeah, TS, I thought about this on the night of the fight. His hair slapping around made some shots look worse than they otherwise might have. I doubt shorter hair would have made much of a difference though.

I lold. Gus too tall for finger eyepokes so Jones, ever adaptable, tried using his toes!

You, sir, get a gold star.

lol Communicating with shertards. Why do I even bother?

It's an illness. We need a Sherdog support group. That would probably be total shit, too, alas.

Patty Wah lost his fight due to his hair:

roy_vernon_ap_.jpg

The comparisons don't end there

Roy = Gus
Vernon = Jones

eye-gouge-roy.jpg

Yes I realize that's Ozzy, not Vernon. Still funny to me.

I admit it, the thread title drew me in. I had no idea what I was about to read. Not bad. If we agree the fight was really close, do you think this tiny tiny factor played into it? I would say no, but it's not a bad hypothesis.

Also - all GOATs (silva, fedor, gsp, aldo, jbj) are buzzcut or shaved....coincidence? :D (P.S. do not google shaved goats for a picture lol)

There's one interview with Faber where he said this is the reason he rocks "cornrows" for his fights.

lol Communicating with shertards. Why do I even bother?

you're the dipshit that pulled 10% out of your ass, by your logic a punch that doesn't land hard enough to KO an opponent is borderline worthless.

Only round Jones won was 5th which you could consider a 10-8

Why some people consider Jones p4p #1 and not Gus is beyond me

The comparisons don't end there

Roy = Gus
Vernon = Jones

eye-gouge-roy.jpg

Yes I realize that's Ozzy, not Vernon. Still funny to me.

Hahah good find. Here's hoping Gus eventually has at least as many title defenses as Roy has rings.

This is what happens when you cut/style your hair...

390x270xpettis-bendoHEADER.png.speedilic.ic.N_MIasxhof.png

This is what happens when you cut/style your hair...

390x270xpettis-bendoHEADER.png.speedilic.ic.N_MIasxhof.png

Exactly.

Bocek finishes short haired Bendo..... imo.

x4m3w3.gif

mark-bocek-ben-henderson-2011-4-30-22-10-18.jpg

The hair protected his neck. Fucking cheater.

War Bocek.

Ha, it is true that flailing hair makes strikes look significantly more devastating. No wonder all the Goats have had shaved heads/cropped hair: Fedor, Anderson, GSP, Jones, Aldo, Penn, Cain. Even current champs/future Goats Weidman, Pettis, Mighty Mouse. All of these guys would have decision losses piling up on their records with long hair.

Judges costed him the fight. It was close fight,but i think gus won 1,3 and 4.
I know jones hurt gus in 4th,but gus controlled the round until last 40 sec(i literally just rewatched the fight 30 minutes ago).it was close fight,could have gone either way

Gus being "hurt" in the 4th is greatly exaggerated. Hell, he finished the round stuffing Jones' shot. Gus won the 4th on my card. You don't win a round by getting cleanly outstruck for the entire round only to get his with one good strike that looks like it may have kind of hurt the guy. It's ludicrous.

Now we know why Lawler has had his resurgence. Shaved that shit, FTW.

Dunno man, that head kick looked pretty legit.

Back