Gustafsson's hair cost him the Jones fight.

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
(Edit: The thread title is obviously an over exaggeration, geez guys you took this one to heart. It wasn't even specifically to this fight, in general. Some seem to agree, some say i'm a retard, it's just an observation.)

Ok, seriously though, don't you think flailing hair could be enough to sway a judges opinion from how effective a shot actually was?

For example:

One toe lands.
jon-jones-lands-left-roundhouse-kick-on-gustafsson.gif

The shot the cut Jones.
tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

Biased or not, i think Gus won this fight on points, however i'm not a fan of points, i look more for the control and damage done so it's really hard to pick the winner.

Last edited:
That's not one toe, that's a decent kick to the head.

/trollthread

i dunno man i thought that flailing hair only added to how ridiculous a fighter looks while being ko'ed

Good God, that reminded me of that one KJ Noons fight where he *literally* spent over half the fight brushing the hair from his eyes. I think that was probably the most flat out frustrating fight to watch ever. No lay n' pray comes close.

Jones has the hair of a heavyweight. He needs to move up.

Long hair also makes you look busier when it's flopping around (

Judges costed him the fight. It was close fight,but i think gus won 1,3 and 4.
I know jones hurt gus in 4th,but gus controlled the round until last 40 sec(i literally just rewatched the fight 30 minutes ago).it was close fight,could have gone either way

I'm not saying that I agree that it cost him the fight but it sure does look like a cheerleader pom-pom celebration every time he gets hit and i agree that it's not a good look for the judges. Ive thought that before of other guys - can't think of who specifically ATM.

That's not one toe, that's a decent kick to the head.

/trollthread

Isn't the shin supposed to land, not the toes? How can you say it's a decent kick to the head when the shin didn't even land?

Good God, that reminded me of that one KJ Noons fight where he *literally* spent over half the fight brushing the hair from his eyes. I think that was probably the most flat out frustrating fight to watch ever. No lay n' pray comes close.

i think sam stout was doing that during one of his fights and it was definitely obstructing his vision and reaction time. but gus got this. go with the flow.

Isn't the shin supposed to land, not the toes? How can you say it's a decent kick to the head when the shin didn't even land?

I said "decent", not "great".

It was definitely enough to have an impact. And no, I'm not going into an argument as to exactly how many toes landed.

People who have problems in fights due to their hair: Bendo, KJ Noons. Gus is not one of these guys.

Back