Gustafsson's ears - then and now

He's got some, but not as much as Gustafsson. Just goes to show it doesn't mean shit about how you can wrestle, which was my point.

Truthfully I knew what your point was, so I didn't bother to play devils advocate and argue. I agree with you.

Not sure why, but some fighters don't have cauliflower ears at all (Rashad, Davis, Fedor), and some have a very mild case of cauliflower ears (Cormier).
035rashadevansandphildavis.jpg

fedor_emelianenko_17.jpg

091011-UFC-Daniel-Cormier-PI_20110911020434287_660_320.JPG

Amateur wrestlers can usually take a bit of time to let their ears heal when they have to drain them. Guys who get damaged mid way or early in a training camp don't have that luxury. They have to go through 6-8 weeks with their ears busted up and every day someone grinding on their already damaged ear. Headgear doesn't do you many favours while doing BJJ training either. It sucks actually.

In the first pic he looks like a guy I know who's name is Boro.

thats fucking amazing man...so cool...shit, i gotta go call my buddies and tell them what i just read on sherdog

I know, right?

Boro also looks like the tall guy in this music video. Boro's a great guy, some guys once threw him off a balcony into a swimming pool and he broke his arm hehe

Some people have a greater tendency to get cauliflower ears than others. Some never get them and trains like hell, while others get them their first year in training, draining or not.

If "Me Gusta" wins tonight then let me be the first to jump on the Cauliflower Ear Gustafsson bandwagon.

I know, right?

Boro also looks like the tall guy in this music video. Boro's a great guy, some guys once threw him off a balcony into a swimming pool and he broke his arm hehe

I love Boro, why would anyone throw him into a pool? and I love Steklovata, they rule.

I know, right?

Maybe if you didn't go posting this video online and talking about your boy people wouldn't throw him off balconies.... some friend you are.

I love Boro, why would anyone throw him into a pool? and I love Steklovata, they rule.

It was a wedding and everyone was drunk. Boro was really skinny back then(he's fat now) so three guys grabbed a hold of him and threw him off the balcony. It was sad and my mom was angry. Boro had a really high pitched voice and was like "Oh nooooo! Eouuuu noooo!" before they threw him.

It was a wedding and everyone was drunk. Boro was really skinny back then(he's fat now) so three guys grabbed a hold of him and threw him off the balcony. It was sad and my mom was angry. Boro had a really high pitched voice and was like "Oh nooooo! Eouuuu noooo!" before they threw him.

Tell Boro to stay strong for me

I've woken only to find that this thread, although undeniably tangential in its trajectory, is headed for greatness!

This is what happens to ears when you train UFC

You don't want to get them drained. Idk about BJJ guys but in wrestling most guys see cauliflower ear as a respect/badass thing. I have it on my right ear and I'll never drain it.

Back