Gustafsson vs Shogun, Thiago Silva and Rumble odds

rularn

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Gustafsson had 1.56 vs Shogun and 1.48 vs Thiago Silva. Now, when he's about to maul Rumble he's down to 1.35-1.4 on many brokers. Source: http://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/alexander-gustafsson-v-anthony-johnson/winner

So he's a bigger favorite to win now compared to when he fought Rua or Thiago Silva. It seems like Sherdoggers in general think to much of Rumble and his abilities. To be honest, I think Gus will make it look very one sided. You guys on the other hand should bet on Rumble.

Rumble is going to give Gus the big brother treatment against the cage enroute to a KO/TKO in round 2-3... Heard it here first.

LHW Anthony Johnson is a different beast.

Well rumble is better than shown or thiago Silva, so it makes sense that Gus wouldn't be as heavy of a favorite.

Well rumble is better than shown or thiago Silva, so it makes sense that Gus wouldn't be as heavy of a favorite.

No you got it wrong. He is a bigger favorite to win now vs Rumble than he was when he fought Silva and Rua

No you got it wrong. He is a bigger favorite to win now vs Rumble than he was when he fought Silva and Rua

Of coarse he is. He went the distance with arguably the GOAT. His stock has risen quite a bit since those two fights.

Let me remind you that these are the odds where people put their money where their mouth is. Real money.

Gus is better everywhere except power, rightful favourite

As long as he doesn't get hit with a bomb he'll win a decision or maybe even get a late sub.
The guy's got one of the best chins in the UFC too

He's a heavier favourite though..?

Seems like a lot of people, me included, think that Gus can keep Rumble on the end of his jab and good footwork. Low odds on Gus, I wish they were a bit higher.

Probably Gus by UD even tho Rumble is a beast and probably beats everyone in LHW except Jones, Gus and maybe DC.

Oh, I see. Damn foreign odds got me mixed up.

I'd say thats great odds to take rumble then.

Oh, I see. Damn foreign odds got me mixed up.

I'd say thats great odds to take rumble then.

It certainly is! To bad I'm not one of those who thinks Rumble will win. But there are lots of sherdoggers who should put a bet on Rumble, he's up at 3.46 atm!!

Rumble is on a mission so I wouldn't bet the house on Gus especially with those weak odds..

Rumble has big power and Gus, though he has a granite chin, takes a lot of shots.
I think Gus either clinchfucking him against the cage or grapplefucking him to make him gas and then outstriking him in the later rounds when is power is way down is the most likely scenario if Gus fights intelligently, but I wouldn't bet a dime on this fight.

Let me remind you that these are the odds where people put their money where their mouth is. Real money.

Wow, gambling sounds so easy. I wonder why not everybody earns big from it. ;-)

This is one of the most bittersweet affairs in recent UFC history for me.

I want to see both of theses guys challenge Jones, but I almost want rumble to win because it's a match up that we haven't seen and rumble has not fought for a UFC championship yet.

One of the first rules of sports betting is to never bet in favor of the team or guy who has a particularly rabid or oversized fanbase, because that competitor will have a disproportionate amount of money bet on them without consideration of the odds, tending to make their odds a poor bet. Smart money will go the other way, but only so long as the odds, including the house rake, favor it.

Gus, fighting in Sweden, is an awful bet, and you don't really need to even know the odds to know that. The overwhelming majority of the dumb money laid on this fight is laid on Gus. Rumble should be an even money or slightly positive expectation bet, and a Gus bet is a definite negative expectation.

I'm surprised at those odds but I still think Gus will win.

One of the first rules of sports betting is to never bet in favor of the team or guy who has a particularly rabid or oversized fanbase, because that competitor will have a disproportionate amount of money bet on them without consideration of the odds, tending to make their odds a poor bet. Smart money will go the other way, but only so long as the odds, including the house rake, favor it.

Gus, fighting in Sweden, is an awful bet, and you don't really need to even know the odds to know that. The overwhelming majority of the dumb money laid on this fight is laid on Gus. Rumble should be an even money or slightly positive expectation bet, and a Gus bet is a definite negative expectation.

How would Gus at even money be a bad bet exactly?

Back