Gustafsson vs Mousasi *Official for Stockholm*

I am sure both men will find each others chins in this fight. It will be a fantastic technical war in most likely all aspects of the game.

hahaha Moose Sausi in the UFC!! Dammm be careful what you wish for Gegard lol. Respect to Joe Silva and Zuffa, they came through - Match up of The Year anyone?

Firstly, some of you guys are right, Gegard will look like a dam middleweight next to Gus. Gus is also a great striker, has great chin, and most importantly has good take downs and take down defense. So, Gegard has his work cut out for him. He better be prepared to defend some take downs from Gus.

On the other hand, Gus should expect some take down attempts from Gegard too, he's got some nice takedowns of his own, because boy, if Gegard gets on top of you...ooohhh it's not good.

Furthermore, this is a five rounder, and we've seen Gegard wilt in three rounders, so that is where Gus can be happy about. Striking wise, they can cancel each other out, with possibility of either of them slightly getting the better of it. However, I believe this fight will be decided on take downs and top control and grappling.

And...finally, the most important aspect. When Gus takes Moose down, I see him getting some good gnp in, but not seeing him able to really hurt or finish him. IF...Gegard manages to get top position on Gus, I see some guard passing and some damaging gnp, possibly fight changing. But, Gus has better take downs and take down defense than Gegard, and that is where I think Gus will win a decision.

But as you guys already said. THE FANS WIN THIS ONE, hands down.

Really excited for this fight and to see Gegard in the UFC.

Props to Mousasi for not taking an easy tune up.

This fight should be fireworks.

I believe he asked for this fight. He was calling anybody out he just said he wanted a known guy to start his career in the UFC.

I hope Mousasi puts himself in a much better camp(in the US) then Gokor's in Glendale. Go with Reem at the Blackzilians.

Picking your fellow Armenian, eh?

Likewise.

Btw, in your sig do you mean TomServo from HyeForum? or just some dude named TomServo on Sherdog?

Yessir.

Vonces ape?

Tom Servo is a Plat member on here and one of the best AV makers on this forum.

amazing fight.

can't decide on a pick right now, curious to see who mousasi trains with

:wink:

Hope he takes his training seriously for this one.

I think he will man. Regardless, his talent alone is a major determinant for him beating Gustafsson.

Gonna have to call my mother to translate that lulz.

Going with Belfort, Rothwell, Khabib & CB.

How about you?

Oh, thought you were fluent.

It means I'm good bro, as long as you are good.

I got your same picks actually, other than CB. And not because Sarafian is Armenian :)

I got your same picks actually, other than CB. And not because Sarafian is Armenian :)

Hold on, Safarian is Armenian? Is he like the Gegard of Brazil? lol

i could be wrong (and i hope i am) but doesnt stockholm only allow 3 round mma fights by law, even if this is the main event

edit- lets hope they get the waiver
"Sweden's governing body -- SMMAF -- only sanctions three-round matches. It is entirely possible that the UFC can ask for a waiver to sanction a five-round main-event, but again, it is no sure thing."

www.mmafighting.com/2011/06/22/the-pros-and-cons-of-five-round-non-title-fights

Last edited:

I wish I was, I blame my mother to this day.

Good to hear mang.

Ha, didn't even know he was Armenian, will be rooting for him!

Back