Gustafsson vs Mousasi *Official for Stockholm*

Man Gus has to go through a murderer's row to get a crack at Jones.

hendo
rashad
machida
davis

he has beat none of them

although i think he can... it isn't exactly a murderes's row when you get a title shot without beating guys who are ranked ahead of you and are stylistically convenient (mousasi)

Good fight for the fans, but this does nothing but move Gus sideways. Gus better not lose.

I don't think Geg deserved a top 5 guy but it'd be good to see Gus back in action. Hopefully he wins so JBJ can have a contender after the Chael fiasco is done.

I really like Mousasi, he's a killer. But I feel as if this fight will go just like the Shogun fight.

I think Gus will win, but I think he'll do it by throwing in a few surprise, useless TD's.

I don't think things will go well for Mousasi in the UFC. He's great, but although his style is different than Lil Nog's, he'll end up losing decisions in a similar way.

Great fight. I and some other Sherdoggers were correct in our speculation that Mousasi would be the likely opponent for Gus in Sweden. Glad it came true. However, i still prefer Mousasi at 185. The guy only cut 5 pounds for his fight with Mike Kyle. However, if he feels comfortable at 205, more power to him.

This will be awesome, glad they made it.

Pick 'em fight, but I think Gegard wins the stand-up. Knowing his suspect TDD though, I expect to see Gus shooting doubles to score points like against Rua, who has a weakness there as well. It wouldn't hurt Mousasi to shoot as well, though Alex's TDD is good.

This will most likely go to a decision.

Maybe he just has that much respect for Mousasi that he thinks a win over him would solidify his place just as a top 5 guy would.

Either way it's borderline crazy. If he wins the WWE fans will just say Gegard was overrated. If he loses his next fight could be against a very game but not so highly ranked opponent ala T.Silva or Vlad that could ruin anyone's night even though they're not technically top 10.

Besides, I see Gegard as a much more dangerous opponent than Hendo or Rashad at this point in their careers.

Damn, I'm nervous. I don't really want Mousasi fighting guys who know what takedowns are.

if mousasi plugs up the hole in his takedoen defense game. expect a long night for the mauler. im calling it now. mousasi wins this.

Wow, Mousasi sure didn't get a nice easy warm up fight lol...I'm looking forward to this one.

This is a great fight, and it's going to be a tough test for both of these guys. Tough to pick a winner because both of these guys keep getting better.

Back