Gustafsson vs Mousasi *Official for Stockholm*

Russian AK47

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...-official-for-stockholm-tickets-on-sale-feb-9

MMA News -Saturday, January 19, 2013

Gustafsson vs. Mousasi official for Stockholm, tickets on sale Feb. 9

MMAjunkie.com Staff on Jan 19, 2013 at 11:30 am ET

As expected light heavyweights Alexander Gustafsson (15-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) and Gegard Mousasi (33-3-2 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will headline an April 6 event at Stockholm's Ericsson Globe Arena.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) passed along news of the rumored event earlier today, and UFC executives have since made it official.

The event is expected to be UFC on FUEL TV 9, though it's also being billed as "UFC Sweden 2." The night's main card airs on FUEL TV following prelims on Facebook.

Officials announced Gustafsson vs. Mousasi will be a five-round fight.

Ericsson Globe Arena also hosted UFC on FUEL TV 2 in 2011, and the event sold out in just three hours.

Tickets for the return trip go on sale to the general public on Feb. 9. However, UFC Fight Club members can buy tickets on Feb. 7, and UFC.com e-newsletter subscribers can purchase tickets on Feb. 8. Ticket prices haven't been announced.

"Sweden is an incredible market for the UFC, and we're excited to once again bring a major UFC card to the Ericsson Globe Arena," Garry Cook, UFC executive vice president and managing director EMEA, stated. "Alexander Gustafsson is a big star in Sweden and has quickly grown in popularity worldwide thanks to his success in the octagon. We know the fans in Sweden will make the Ericsson Globe Arena an absolutely electric atmosphere as he takes on the very talented Gegard Mousasi on April 6."

For more on UFC on FUEL TV 9, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

I'm glad to see Gay Hard getting a top notch oppenent for his first fight.

I think he wins this & then I would love to see him fight Glover after he kills Rampage.

fuck-yes-meme-generator-fuck-yes-f64811.png

Glad to see Gus stay active even though the Shogun fight basically guarenteed he would get an eventual title shot.

Man Gus has to go through a murderer's row to get a crack at Jones.

fuck-yes-meme-generator-fuck-yes-f64811.png

Glad to see Gus stay active even though the Shogun fight basically guarenteed he would get an eventual title shot.
hahah nice pic! looking forward too, always interesting when dreamcatcher steps in a fight, this guy has been a prospect forever, time to teally discover what Mousassi is capable of, great match up for him.

I really like Mousasi, he's a killer. But I feel as if this fight will go just like the Shogun fight.

Extremely risky fight for Alex. I like the fight but it's a bit surprising he didn't demand a top 5 fighter to solidify his position at LHW.

Extremely risky fight for Alex. I like the fight but it's a bit surprising he didn't demand a top 5 fighter to solidify his position at LHW.

Maybe he just has that much respect for Mousasi that he thinks a win over him would solidify his place just as a top 5 guy would.

Sick fight. If mousasi can pull off a win, he will be close to a title shot

He's a big star within the MMA community in Sweden.

Overall, he is no star really. Although I certainly hope that will be the case in a few years. Complete and total recognition from the mainstream media.

nice... but I think I want to see Mousasi at 185

Back