Gustafsson to Jones: "Stop delaying and sign the bout agreement"

I appreciate the fact that you DC promoters are atleast attacking gustafssons record rather than his skills, since it's so obvious that he was a match for the champion last year and has kept improving since then.

My favorite fight to watch is the two most skilled competitors of similar size in the world, and if I had to pick who needs to proove he's up there with another fight between DC and Alex, I know for sure that DC is the one who needs to show me more.

DC has yet to beat anyone who has looked dominant at LHW, Manuwa atleast got a winningspree going before Alex shut him down, so in my eyes Alex is by far the more proven LHW competitor and the most skilled fighter to ever face Jones.

I'm really glad the UFC seems to agree!

u6uva3a7.jpg

Fans of Jones maybe. Everyone else thought it was fight of the year and wants the rematch as soon as possible.

Exactly. Sherdog fanboys have little in common with average fan - that is the fan whose money drives the UFC and its decision-making.

What are you Jones haters going to say when he beats the breaks off Gustafsson?

"DC is going to tool Jones!!"

sad thing is the Jones haters (AKA new Cormier fans after the Gus fight) might actually be "right' about Jones losing for once when he faces DC

Exactly. Sherdog fanboys have little in common with average fan - that is the fan whose money drives the UFC and its decision-making.

You can have a FOTYC and not need a rematch. Gus put up a helluva fight, but in the end, he lost 3 rounds to 2, Jones finished strong while Gus faded.

Jones is going to hurt him in the rematch.

Jones can talk about how he won and whine all he wants. The reality is that fans in general felt that it wasn't a clear victory for the champ and want to see a rematch.

When Jones repeatedly stalls and complains about the inevitable, it makes him seem weak.

Don't speak for fans in general

This fan feels gustaffson choked when it mattered most and Jones came through like a champ

Gustaffson still trying to dance around in the 4th and 5th rounds instead of going for the kill

What are you Jones haters going to say when he beats the breaks off Gustafsson?

Gotta love these Jones apologists suffering from backfire effect trauma. It's like talking to an anti-vaxer.

Jones fans be scared.

Haha 100%. If my fighter was getting shit on this bad by another fighters fanbase id want him to end that guy, not try to come up with excuses why he shouldnt fight.

This is gonna end just like the Anderson bandwagon, except they wont be able to say he wasnt in his prime.

Don't speak for fans in general

This fan feels gustaffson choked when it mattered most and Jones came through like a champ

Gustaffson still trying to dance around in the 4th and 5th rounds instead of going for the kill

Dance around? His combinations in the fourth was impeccable, he mopped the floor with Jones for 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
Coming into the fifth round Gus was the aggressor but got really tired at the end and Jones landed some nice shots and a take down.

Gus won atleast 1,3,4. The 2nd round was really close and let's say Jones won the 5th (I think this round was more even than people believe).

I've watched the fight a few times now, and there is no way Jones won it.

Dance around? His combinations in the fourth was impeccable, he mopped the floor with Jones for 4 minutes and 30 seconds.
Coming into the fifth round Gus was the aggressor but got really tired at the end and Jones landed some nice shots and a take down.

Gus won atleast 1,3,4. The 2nd round was really close and let's say Jones won the 5th (I think this round was more even than people believe).

I've watched the fight a few times now, and there is no way Jones won it.

i've watched the fights multiple times

the first 3 rounds were toss up and can be given to anyone 10-10

people are only surprised because they thought jones would crush gustaffson

4th and 5th rounds were clearly Jones

Jones isn't even one of my favourite fighters, and i have no problem saying jones clearly won that fight

Who cares, the guys trying to rework his contract and we are multiple months away.

This is obviously correct, but I still like what Gus is doing. Be more vocal, hype the fight even more - gotta get more than 310K buys this time. :)

Alex is working for cheap while Jon is looking to make buku dollars.

Calm down Gus Jones is tending to champion busines right now something you you will never have to worry about.

i've watched the fights multiple times

the first 3 rounds were toss up and can be given to anyone 10-10

people are only surprised because they thought jones would crush gustaffson

4th and 5th rounds were clearly Jones

Jones isn't even one of my favourite fighters, and i have no problem saying jones clearly won that fight

It's not that easy with the 4th either. Compare it to Rampage vs Forrest rd 1. Forrest won that round but he did less than Gus did, while Rampage did more than Jones did.

Back