Gustafsson to headline event in Sweden April 6th

No one complaining that the UFC is just using Gus to get Swedish fans?

Oh, nvm, he's not Cain, it doesn't count.

but Gustafsson is really Swedish.
Cain was born and raised in the U.S. and barely speaks Spanish.

I just cant get over how badly i want it to be against Mousasi.

I hope it's Mousasi - That'd be an interesting fight.

I think its going to be Glover if he beats Rampage. Mousasi is a fight everyone wants to see, but I dont think he has enough of a name to headline a card. Or.....winner of Rashad vs Rogerio

No one complaining that the UFC is just using Gus to get Swedish fans?

Oh, nvm, he's not Cain, it doesn't count.

It would be different if they were only targeting white fans and Gus had white pride tattoo.

I think its going to be Glover if he beats Rampage. Mousasi is a fight everyone wants to see, but I dont think he has enough of a name to headline a card. Or.....winner of Rashad vs Rogerio

Yea, because having a headliner planned two and a half months out for a fighter that still has to fight is common for the UFC

he should fight rashad or machida hendo winner after all he is climbing the ranking ladder.

Please not Griffin. I want either Hendo or Machida to get injured and the other to fight Alex.

I hope they don't give him Forrest, just so he can Ko him in front of his hometown

Let the Armenian Moose maim him.

82942867.jpg

I'm definetely going to that event.

ok explain this to me then

1. Event on April 6th. Machida vs Hendo is on Feb 23rd, so they would wait within 6 weeks of the event to announce the headliner...?

2. If Machida wins a decision but injure himself, what then? Mousasi? What if he already has another fight booked by then? Waiting until Feb 24th to find a plan for the headliner might very well come back to bite zuffa in the ass.

3. Machida is REALLY the type to take short notice fights...yup.

No way Machida vs Hendo fights Gus on April 6th, they will have announced the headliner for Sweden way before Machida and Hendo actually fight.

My explanation: h-hey! What's that over there?

tumblr_mbeo43pXpg1ql2603o1_400.gif

Anyone but Machida, Hendo or Rahsad is a step down from Shogun IMO.

Anyone but Machida, Hendo or Rahsad is a step down from Shogun IMO.

Fans say Mousasi has to fight a wrestler to test his TDD. How many good wrestlers did Gustafson fought?

Gustaffson (15-1) vs Mousasi (33-3) is a great fight.

Mousasi seems to make the most sense. European vs European.

Since it will probably be a FuelTV card I think we can safely rule out Rampage/Evans. So that to me leaves Glover off a win, Lil Nog off a win, or Gegard. I don't think they would want to kill two rising stars in Gus and Glover, so thats out. And Lil Nog would be a quick turnaround. To me it has to be Gegard and thats a hell of a fight.

I love Gus but the winner of Hendo and Machida really should be above him. Gegard keeps him active, though I am not counting him out. I just think Gus wins.

Agreed with Mousasi or Hendo/Gus winner.

I'd like to see him redeem himself against Davis....

I want to see him get a W over an elite wrestler, too bad Evans is fighting Little Nog. That would be a great fight.

Back