Gustafsson to headline event in Sweden April 6th

so since this is in Sweden im assuming this will be UFC on Fuel 9...

still havent heard anything about FX 8 and with the TUF Finale and the Fox and PPV cards all in April, im guessing in May or June they do back to back weekends with FX 8+9 like they did this past June with FX 3 and 4.

given the timing? what did u forget about Hendo/Machida or Cormier possibly dropping down?

mark my words Gus is gonna need 2 more wins to get that title shot

The more I think about it, I strongly believe it will be Forrest Griffin.

Gustafsson already beat Shogun and it doesn't make much sense to risk his current title contender status by fighting Mousasi, Glover, or even a rematch w/Phil Davis.

So, what high profile fights are there for Gustafsson then...the only name that is currently unbooked is Forrest Griffin. It's a squash fight for Gustafsson, but at this point that is exactly what the UFC wants. A win over Forrest Griffin doesn't mean much these days, but Griffin still has a ton of fans.

if Glover beats rampage I can see them setting up Glover/Gustafsson. If Gus wins that he would probably be entitled to a shot at jones after Chael, but if Machida beats Henderson, there could be a fight to set up right there

Hope: Sonnen gets injured and Dan Henderson is pulled from his fight with Machida and faces Jon Jones. Machida ends up fighting Gustafsson in Sweden.

Reality: Gustafsson vs. Forrest Griffin/Mousasi/Glover (if he beats Rampage)

Ur "hope" is exactly how I pictured mine lol. I think I made a tread talking about it.

If Machida wins a boring decision over Hendo... it'll probably be a Gus v Machida title eliminator.

If Machida wins an exciting fight/knockout, he'll get the title fight and Gus will probably fight Mousasi for a title eliminator.

And I couldn't be happier with either of them.

As for Glover... I don't think Glover is ready. He needs one or two more fights.

mousasi or Glover. No way they'd put Machida on Fuel card.

HOPE it's mousasi

Mousasi - no one else will be ready. Glover and Machida are only gonna have 7-8 weeks, not enough for them - Machida doesn't do short notice and Glover, nah, he's an up and comer like Gusto, they will bypass each other for title shots.

For those saying Hendo or Machida, do you really think they will fight Feb 23 and then be fighting Gustafsson on April 6?

My guess is Mousasi. He says he wants to be active. He came out of his last fight in good shape. He wants to fight Gustafsson. The fight is in Europe. It all makes sense.

Jones vs. Sonnen
Cormier vs. Mir
Hendo vs. Machida
Mousasi vs. Gustafsson

then

Jones vs. Cormier (if he beats Mir)
Hendo/Machida winner vs. Gustafsson/Mousasi winner for title shot

or

Jones vs. Hendo/Machida winner
Cormier (if he loses to Mir) vs. Mousasi/Gustafsson winner

For those saying Hendo or Machida, do you really think they will fight Feb 23 and then be fighting Gustafsson on April 6?

My guess is Mousasi. He says he wants to be active. He came out of his last fight in good shape. He wants to fight Gustafsson. The fight is in Europe. It all makes sense.

Jones vs. Sonnen
Cormier vs. Mir
Hendo vs. Machida
Mousasi vs. Gustafsson

then

or

Jones vs. Hendo/Machida winner
Cormier (if he loses to Mir) vs. Mousasi/Gustafsson winner

I think Cormier is going to hang around HW just a bit longer than some people are thinking. There is bigger money to be made at HW. He'll beat Mir, and then possibly have a chance to fight Overeem, Dos Santos, Nelson, Struve, etc. It's going to take Cormier some time to make a healthy cut to 205 considering his past struggles.

Do you really think Cormier gets a shot without one fight at LHW? (As I type this I see Sonnen, ha) - but Cormier's never fought LHW, has he? Why not have him beat up Phil Davis on Fox for our entertainment then give him the shot?

It doesn't seem like the writer was sure on the date.

Back