Gustafsson or Cormier, Which Is The Tougher Fight?

i think once Jones destroy and finish DC, DC fans going to be like "i knew this would happen, Jones too lengthy. Gus is the only one can beat Jones."

same with Silva, "serious Silva will KO Weidman in 1 minute".
Jacare, Machida, Vitor all will come for you Weidman.

I actually agree with you 100% here. For Jon Jones, Gus is the harder fight. A lot is because of his movement and counter wrestling. He can get in and out and land on Jon and not get taken down. I think Cormier-Jones would look like a more competitive Rashad-Jones.

Yeah. It's no secret I'm bias but I just don't see how Cormier engages him in the wrestling without entering Jones' world. I mean he's 5 ft 11 in vs Jon's 6 ft 4 in... how on earth is he going to avoid getting thrown around with Jon's arms in his armpits doing what he does best; ie, chucking around shorter guys using his height and leverage from the greco clinch? A huge reason Alex could nullify his wrestling, and this was something I was very vocal about before the fight, is that once Jon found himself in the clinch he didn't have that leverage and height on him and Alex was just as quick (if not quicker) than Jon was getting the underhooks.

If he was faster, or Jon was slower pulling his legs back when guys shoot at him, then maybe - but as of now it's a case of people thinking in terms of "better the devil you know" rather than the actual skills and physique they bring to the table.

Gus

Jones choose to fight DC instead of Gus 2 rematch is because Jones know Gus have the boxing advantage and also lengthy like Jones.
Gus also was Jones rival since the first fight.

Jones easily destroy Cormier by pokes and distance.
DC is an easy matchup for Jones.

JOnes vs DC is like Jones vs Reshad 2.0 LOL

DC trains with Cain. I think he's a better striker than Rashad and add in his wrestling and (top control) game. He never gets hit in a fight, has a lot of power, destroys every one of his opponents, very technical striking. I'm just not buying Gus' footwork and flashy jabbing(I think Gus wins 2 early rounds then rest Jon)

Gus will again no doubt be a tough match up but I think Jones takes the rematch. DC is the tougher fight for me.

They're both capable of beating Jones, but I think Cormier will do it quite decisively while I feel Gus is about 50/50.

Who do you think is the tougher fight for Jones and why?

It's easier to side with Gus because we've seen him fight Jones and gave him trouble...based on his previous performance I will expect Gus to up his game in their rematch. (but so will Jones, maybe?)

However, skill-wise I'd have to go with DC. His overall package is much more impressive than Gus and he is more disciplined, experienced...just about every aspect of the game except for his height & reach disadvantage.

It's a tough pick... but I'd have to side with Gus naturally because the physical advantage is a huge factor when facing Jones... but DC, man, I hope he kicks both of their asses.

i think once Jones destroy and finish DC, DC fans going to be like "i knew this would happen, Jones too lengthy. Gus is the only one can beat Jones."

same with Silva, "serious Silva will KO Weidman in 1 minute".
Jacare, Machida, Vitor all will come for you Weidman.

Your logic and reply makes absolutely no sense.

Well, since I thought Jones beat Gus very clearly, my money (and hope) would be on Cormier. The height and reach has me worried though.

Cormier beats Jones. Not only that, but he beats him bad.

Back