Gustafsson or Cormier, Which Is The Tougher Fight?

DC, he might have a huge reach disadvantage but his strength and wrestling can be a good test for Jones.

Cormier would manhandle Jones, Gus would have a competitive back and forth, so I have to say DC.

We don't know but DC has never fought Jones so we have more of an unknown quantity there. Gus was a tough fight the first time, but I think Jones has an easier time next time around.

Gus

Jones choose to fight DC instead of Gus 2 rematch is because Jones know Gus have the boxing advantage and also lengthy like Jones.

Lets not try and pretend it's ducking. The early betting lines are out for both fights, and they have DC as a much more likely chance of winning. Jones just wants to build his resume and he gets more out of beating an undefeated olympian with 4 top 10 heavy weight wins and a win over a LHW that has beat Gus's best win (shogun) twice, then he gets for beating a guy for a second time who only has one win over a top 10 fighter who is currently ranked 7th. That's not saying Gus is an easy fight, but Jones gets more out of the other, Gus could prove to be more of a matchup problem than a legit great fighter at this point he hasn't done much besides almost beat Jon.

It's anyone's guess at this point simply because we don't know how good Daniel Cormier is. We know he's great but Jones will be the best fighter he's fought by far.

I think DC has a good chance of beating Jones.

Cormier is probably a better pure wrestler than JJ and stronger. Decision Dan's the man.

Man this Cormier guy must be the best fighter on the planet, it surprises me that he isn't ranked #1 on the p4p list.

Alex.

We've already seen a much quicker/longer reach version of Cormier in Rashad. Mind you a tired Hendo slipped his strikes.

For comparison.

And I doubt the wrestling would be as big of a factor that people think it will. Yes he's a strong guy and have tossed a few guys impressively but so did Randleman and Rampage back in the days. More importantly however is Jones is really quick with the underhooks and as we all know tall and a greco, so odds are Cormier would be finding himself there and he's not gonna toss Jones by grabbing him around the arms when all the leverage is on Jon's side.

I thought Jones quite apparently won the fight against Gus. I also believe Cormier beats Jones and beats him well.

Alex.

We've already seen a much quicker/longer reach version of Cormier in Rashad. Mind you a tired Hendo slipped his strikes.

For comparison.

And I doubt the wrestling would be as big of a factor that people think it will. Yes he's a strong guy and have tossed a few guys impressively but so did Randleman and Rampage back in the days. More importantly however is Jones is really quick with the underhooks and as we all know tall and a greco, so odds are Cormier would be finding himself there and he's not gonna toss Jones by grabbing him around the arms when all the leverage is on Jon's side.

I actually agree with you 100% here. For Jon Jones, Gus is the harder fight. A lot is because of his movement and counter wrestling. He can get in and out and land on Jon and not get taken down. I think Cormier-Jones would look like a more competitive Rashad-Jones.

i think gus' unpredictability with his footwork and hands terrifies the shit out of jones, if he's not standing with that type of fighter that throws the same ol' right hand ALL the time you can get him shook pretty fast

Tough to call ... both present unique challenges. DC represents unknown factors for Jones, whereas he's already faced Gus. However, Gus might have a psychological advantage going into it despite having lost (on the books) the first fight.

Gus's reach counters one of Bones' greatest advantages - his ability to capitalize on distance/reach like few others even with similar reach can. Cormier is an outstanding wrestler.

All in all, I'd guess (and it's just a guess) that DC would be the tougher challenge just because Bones has 25 minutes of in-cage experience with Gus, whereas against DC he'd have to rely on video footage and people trying to mimic him in training.

dc easily, gus will gas again against jones. dc has the wrestling power to do nothing but wrestlefuck jones and jones wont be able to do anything bout it. gus doesnt have that.

Cormier....If you can't see it just call yourself dumb.

Great argument.

OnT: Gus. Similar reach, good enough wrestling to neutralize Jones', great footwork, amazing boxing, has shown he can find that target and find it often. Would have been the champ short of one hail mary elbow.

dc easily, gus will gas again against jones. dc has the wrestling power to do nothing but wrestlefuck jones and jones wont be able to do anything bout it. gus doesnt have that.

Gus 1,2,3,4 and was beating Jones half the 5th. Watch the fight, I dare you.

I would have thought DC, but Jones obviously thinks its Gus.

Man this Cormier guy must be the best fighter on the planet, it surprises me that he isn't ranked #1 on the p4p list.

He could be but we don't know yet, what we do know is that he's already Highlandered all of Hendo's titles.

Thus Dangerous Hollywood Decision Dan Cormo Cormier.

I originally thought DC would be the harder fight due to DC's takedowns, but then I realized that Jones can devote a large part of his training camp to defensive wrestling and stuff DC's takedowns. If that happens, which I think will, then Jones will easily defeat DC in the later rounds. So I think Gus is the harder fight due to his all around game. Gus caught Jones off guard with the wrestling in their first fight and I don't think that will happen again, so Jones should be more dominant if they do fight.

i think he loses both, but dc/bones will be a complete ragdolling IM0

gus via height

that was a joke I hope lol, Cormiers specialty is closing the distance and wrecking much taller hws, Most were Jones height with similar reach to Jones

Back