Gustafsson not sure if training camp will be in sweden or alliance mma

Ironmonger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the quote :

Given Cormier's Olympic wrestling pedigree, Phil Davis, once of the UFC and now with Bellator, could be a key man in training camp at Alliance MMA.

"Phil will be very important. He will be a chief sparring partner. We've got a couple of guys at Alliance and AllStars. We're all together and we're going to sit down and see what we can come up with. We'll decide whether to stay at home in Stockholm or whether the guys come over. We've got a few tactical things to think over before we start grinding."

Coming from here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-Cormier-after-depression-of-home-defeat.html

So basically he's not sure about staying at all star mma in sweden or going at alliance mma in usa.

As a real fan of him, i'm forced to say it looks like he lost his hunger. He should be rushing to alliance mma without hesitation and conduct his full camp here, and on top of that he should bring addional top level mma wrestlers to spar with, he's fighting daniel cormier not some fringe top 10 level guy.

What are your toughts about that ?

As a real fan of him, i'm forced to say it looks like he lost his hunger. He should be rushing to alliance mma without hesitation and conduct his full camp here, and on top of that he should bring addional top level mma wrestlers to spar with, he's fighting daniel cormier not some fringe top 10 level guy.

What are your toughts about that ?

You do realize he's got top level swedish wrestlers he trains with, right? (actual olympic wrestlers from a country better than USA)

And if he brings Phil Davis over, does it really matter if they're in San Diego or Stockholm?

You do realize he's got top level swedish wrestlers he trains with, right? (actual olympic wrestlers from a country better than USA)

And if he brings Phil Davis over, does it really matter if they're in San Diego or Stockholm?

Way to kill the thread dude.

Do you really think sherdog is the place for logic?

How exactly has he lost his hunger because he hasnt decided where to do his camp?? I dont understand

Yah, this is the first thing that I didnt understand from TS. Latfifi for example (if he does train with Alex) is a great wrestling partner to train with. In addition to the guys you mentioned. Allstars mma has a great group of pro fighter to train with and Alliance is having major issues with many guys leaving cause DelFioro is only there part time.

Not to mention Latifi is closer in build to DC than Davis, and Davis shoots mostly from a distance whereas DC is more of a clinch type guy

Sweden has better wrestlers than USA... lol wut
011315-6-UFC-Jon-Jones-OB-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.23.jpg

C'mon son

Alliance MMA is on a huge downward spiral right now. Several fighters left that place recently and their reasons made me concered.

maybe Gus should figure out that he could train at just about any gym he chooses, except AKA.

Dude can't even make up his mind where he wants to train.. How does he expect to become champion.

He cries, claims he's going to retire, can't make up decisions.. He's more dramatic than my girl.

Just got flamed lol. Wasn't expecting this haha

I just think that it will be easier for him to bring top MMA wrestler in the us. I
know there is wrestling medalists in sweden too, but the mma wrestler are more numerous in the us that's all.

And even if it's not at alliance, i think he should train in the states for this one. Even for the time lag. He can't let any detail out it may be his last title shot ecer if he doesn't win. I just said alliance mma because that's the place where he usually goes. But any other top camp will be good.

Dude can't even make up his mind where he wants to train.. How does he expect to become champion.

He cries, claims he's going to retire, can't make up decisions.. He's more dramatic than my girl.

I dont think you understand what goes into planning out and deciding a fighters training camp, although I always get a laugh out of responses like this.

There are many things to consider in this situation. Which training partners are more beneficial for him and the expenses it costs to have them in camp and that camp all together. Not to mention he may bring in outside training parterns who aren't mma fighters, that takes planing. Certain fighters may not be available for him cause they have their own agenda, Phil Davis is training for his own fight coming up and it may conflict with Alex and his camp for example. It takes time and planning to sort out the right camp and have every ones schedules and commitment. Its not like choosing which movie you're gonna see tonight.

Last edited:
Just got flamed lol. Wasn't expecting this haha

I just think that it will be easier for him to bring top MMA wrestler in the us. I
know there is wrestling medalists in sweden too, but the mma wrestler are more numerous in the us that's all.

And even if it's not at alliance, i think he should train in the states for this one. Even for the time lag. He can't let any detail out it may be his last title shot ecer if he doesn't win. I just said alliance mma because that's the place where he usually goes. But any other top camp will be good.

Its not a wise idea for a fighter to start with a new team for a big fight like this when he's been with certain training partners and coaches for several years. Also, its far more expensive. In Sweden he has a camp that is tailored to his needs and very specific for this title fight. He woudlnt get that with new teams.

Wherever he chooses he needs to hurry up and decide, the fight is 2 months away

Sweden has better wrestlers than U.S.?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back