Gustafsson made Shogun look athletic!!

No you don't. You clearly don't know anything about Shogun's career. You probably never watched him until he came to the UFC. You clearly have no business calling other people "morons" when you're proving yourself to be an uneducated one. I don't know it all but I've followed a select few fighters (Shogun being one of them) since damn near the start of their pro career. The fact that you have no idea who the Shogun that won the Pride MW GP is and claim that Shogun hit his prime 5 years and 2 ACL ruptures later is just disappointing on on your part (if possible I'd like an explanation for this). Just stop trying to inform people about Shogun's career. You'll mislead new fans.

I have to agree with you.

There's no point in acting like he's the same fighter anymore. He never had a prime really. He's looked awful ever since he came back after the 3rd ACL injury

Last edited:
I have to agree with you.

There's no point in acting like he's the same fighter anymore. He never had a prime really. He's looked awful ever since he came back after the 3rd ACL injury

Well looking back he had a peak in the traditional sense (obviously he had a point in his career where he was the best we've ever seen him at as a fighter) but he could've been even better had he not blown out his ACL's in both knees which is a damn shame.

Hell he looked bad after he came back from the 1st one. Came into that first Forrest fight and lost most of the betting hardcore fans who knew who Shogun was a lot of money.

Off the top of my head

First rupture occured during the break between the end of Pride and the finalization of the merger with the UFC

Second rupture happened in the actual first fight with Forrest

Third rupture took place in the Machida rematch according to Shogun's camp on a takedown/groundwork of some sort iirc

Not the greatest luck with ACL's.

bump since i bumped too soon last time lol.

Slow unathletic white boy got nothing. Jones is a super athlete and is super explosive. Did you hear his brothers are in the NFL??

When I read the threadstarting post on this thread I cant help BUT laugh!

Really??Is this the guy to beat Jones??The most unathletic and uncoordinate guy you'll ever see??

Some people should rewatch his fight with Shogun.Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

The only things he has going for him is that he's tall and young compared to the old MW's Jones was fighting.

I don't think anyone who saw his fights with Thiago Silva and Shogun could possibly think he has any chance of winning.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.

Bump - This thread is hilarious!, talk about coming back to bite u!

still begs the question why shogun had more succes against gus than jones, i think shogun was actually in better shape for gus

Bump to show the ignorance of the thread-starter

Really??Is this the guy to beat Jones??The most unathletic and uncoordinate guy you'll ever see??

Some people should rewatch his fight with Shogun.Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

The only things he has going for him is that he's tall and young compared to the old MW's Jones was fighting.

I don't think anyone who saw his fights with Thiago Silva and Shogun could possibly think he has any chance of winning.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.

Nice way displaying you have absolutely no fucking idea what you are watching.

Back