Gustafsson made Shogun look athletic!!

Gus is going to KO Jones in the second round, how's that for athletic?

I have a feeling deep down, that Gus is going to destroy him, KO round 2.

Shogun is fast with his punches and explosive...what the F are you talking about. He's no Machida in terms of quickness but he can fire away those punches.

You have a Pride era Wand avatar and list Shogun as one of your favorite fighters yet don't understand that Shogun's fallen off TREMENDOUSLY from a physical standpoint since his first ACL rupture and subsequent ones? You don't know that Shogun is now one of the more unathletic, non-explosive athletes in the UFC right now? Speed, athleticism, strength, explosiveness balance/core strength, his speed and tenacity etc. etc. all of Shogun's physical tools that made him a legend and the #1 LHW in the world according to most people at his peak are all deteriorated so badly to the point where you can't even find the slightest hint that he was the fighter that he once was? Shame on you.

More to TS' point I don't see how Gus made Shogun look athletic. I didn't really see a lack of athletecism on Gus' part.

Ok, I thought Shogun looked like crap against Gus. Not as bad as against Jones, but bad enough.

And that has more to do with his wear and tear through the years not really Alex I mean prior to this fight Vera was giving him a good scrap the Shogun of yesteryear would have killed Vera inside a round

Jones will win, Shogun lost but not as badly as some people think. The fight was fairly even and possibly leaning Shogun for the first round and a half.

You have a Pride era Wand avatar and list Shogun as one of your favorite fighters yet don't understand that Shogun's fallen off TREMENDOUSLY from a physical standpoint since his first ACL rupture and subsequent ones? You don't know that Shogun is now one of the more unathletic, non-explosive athletes in the UFC right now? Speed, athleticism, strength, explosiveness balance/core strength, his speed and tenacity etc. etc. all of Shogun's physical tools that made him a legend and the #1 LHW in the world according to most people at his peak are all deteriorated so badly to the point where you can't even find the slightest hint that he was the fighter that he once was? Shame on you.

More to TS' point I don't see how Gus made Shogun look athletic. I didn't really see a lack of athletecism on Gus' part.

Read the post moron.....I said Shogun is still pretty explosive....he's not in the Machida class of speed but he can still fire punches away very quickly....do you not watch his fights?? Did you not see him blast Forrest with a KO?? Or land power shots on Gus over and over?I never said he is still as explosive as he was before or one of the most athleteic or explosive guys at LHW.

Dont give me that Pride era Bull shit ok! YOu guys come on here and think you know it all. Keep talking about Shogun in Pride when it was 2005 being in his prime....when he didnt even hit his best till 2009/2010...5 years later

Quite exaggerated and trying to tell me about Shogun...i watch the fights, i pay attention...I know how athletic or explosive he is

whoever gives gus more than 10% chance (and that is being generous) is just delusional...

I dont think Gus will win...I got Jones. But to say that he has only 10% chance.....now that is just stupid.

Really??Is this the guy to beat Jones??The most unathletic and uncoordinate guy you'll ever see??

Some people should rewatch his fight with Shogun.Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

The only things he has going for him is that he's tall and young compared to the old MW's Jones was fighting.

I don't think anyone who saw his fights with Thiago Silva and Shogun could possibly think he has any chance of winning.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.

Too bad fighting isn't about athleticism but about fighting.

I still think that Jones will win, it's just that your opinion is really shallow.

Hahahaha, when the fuck did Shogun drop Gus?

Gus is VERY athletic too, your knowledge of mma in general is really shitty TS. Surprised this isn't wastelanded.

Really??Is this the guy to beat Jones??The most unathletic and uncoordinate guy you'll ever see??

Some people should rewatch his fight with Shogun.Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

The only things he has going for him is that he's tall and young compared to the old MW's Jones was fighting.

I don't think anyone who saw his fights with Thiago Silva and Shogun could possibly think he has any chance of winning.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.
I actually think Shogun looked good in the Gus fight, but he just lost to a better fighter at this stage in their respective careers.

That has little to do with the Jones challenge. I still think Gus will have his hands full, but we'll see how he comes at Jon.

As much as i am a fan of Shogun i always felt like Gustafsson went easy on him in their match, out of admiration. This is just a guess though, if i remember correctly Gustafsson said something about being a fan of Shogun before he started fighting in MMA etc... Kindoff a milder Barry vs Crocop situation. And i'm not trying to shit on Shogun saying this, Shogun hasn't been the same because of all the knee injuries obviously.

I actually think Shogun looked good in the Gus fight, but he just lost to a better fighter at this stage in their respective careers.

That has little to do with the Jones challenge. I still think Gus will have his hands full, but we'll see how he comes at Jon.

Shogun hasn't looked good in a LONG time and it's been a few years short of a decade since he's looked great/phenomenal.

As much as i am a fan of Shogun i always felt like Gustafsson went easy on him in their match, out of admiration. This is just a guess though, if i remember correctly Gustafsson said something about being a fan of Shogun before he started fighting in MMA etc... Kindoff a milder Barry vs Crocop situation. And i'm not trying to shit on Shogun saying this, Shogun hasn't been the same because of all the knee injuries obviously.

I saw it the same way. Once Shogun slowed down and entered his "zombie mode" where's just getting sloppy all over the place and moving like lava, Gus could've relatively easily put Shogun away. He mentioned Shogun was one of his idols coming up in MMA (or something along those lines) and I think he carried him to that decision.

Read the post moron.....I said Shogun is still pretty explosive....he's not in the Machida class of speed but he can still fire punches away very quickly....do you not watch his fights?? Did you not see him blast Forrest with a KO?? Or land power shots on Gus over and over?I never said he is still as explosive as he was before or one of the most athleteic or explosive guys at LHW.

Dont give me that Pride era Bull shit ok! YOu guys come on here and think you know it all. Keep talking about Shogun in Pride when it was 2005 being in his prime....when he didnt even hit his best till 2009/2010...5 years later

Quite exaggerated and trying to tell me about Shogun...i watch the fights, i pay attention...I know how athletic or explosive he is

No you don't. You clearly don't know anything about Shogun's career. You probably never watched him until he came to the UFC. You clearly have no business calling other people "morons" when you're proving yourself to be an uneducated one. I don't know it all but I've followed a select few fighters (Shogun being one of them) since damn near the start of their pro career. The fact that you have no idea who the Shogun that won the Pride MW GP is and claim that Shogun hit his prime 5 years and 2 ACL ruptures later is just disappointing on on your part (if possible I'd like an explanation for this). Just stop trying to inform people about Shogun's career. You'll mislead new fans.

No you don't. You clearly don't know anything about Shogun's career. You probably never watched him until he came to the UFC. You clearly have no business calling other people "morons" when you're proving yourself to be an uneducated one. I don't know it all but I've followed a select few fighters (Shogun being one of them) since damn near the start of their pro career. The fact that you have no idea who the Shogun that won the Pride MW GP is and claim that Shogun hit his prime 5 years and 2 ACL ruptures later is just disappointing on on your part (if possible I'd like an explanation for this). Just stop trying to inform people about Shogun's career. You'll mislead new fans.

lavar-big-johnson-walk.gif

You must have been on crack when watching that fight. Shogun looked terrible.

TS wants some of that athletic and explosive crime to happen in teh octagon.

BIASED.

Why is this a common mistake on this forum?

Gus has nothing for Bones. TKO or Sub for JBJ. I hope he makes a statement and goes for a quick finish in this fight.

I do think Jones is gonna win, but this thread is just bias and should go to the wastland.

Back