Gustafsson made Shogun look athletic!!

Ahahahaha. Jones will most likely win are you kids that nervous that you gotta pull shit outta thin air?

Shogun has not looked athletic since he fought Machida. His foot speed is gone and the lack of kicks in his standup hurts him.

Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

I think you are confusing Shogun with Gustafsson, Gustafsson dropped Shogun. Gustafsson is the taller guy.

no kidding . did u see the odds ??
gus has 0 chance.
glover or dc are the only people who can try vs jones

That is probably exactly the reason why you think he didnt look good. You like Shogun and he lost, therefore you rather think it was more about Shogun being in a bad shape than opponent just being a better fighter.

Shogun was in a pretty decent shape against Alex. Only times he have looked better in the UFC was against Machida and Liddell imo.

I think your right....im a huge SHogun fan and I have seen this fight over and over. Shogun didnt get tired till mid way through the 3rd round....and he got tired meaning he slowed down and not gassed. It happens to most fighters.....Gus started slowing down as well.

He was in good shape for that fight and the first 2 rounds were very close....Shogun did some good work with fence control, sub attempts and landing some hard shots.He got a quick knock down after Gus threw a kick. Although halfway through the fight he resorted to just trying to find that home run punch...while Gus landed takedowns, knees, kicks and punches.

What won Gus the fight was better game planning and being the more effective well rounded fighter. He was also able to wear Shgoun down with his strikes and takedowns to take control of the fight.

I think you are confusing Shogun with Gustafsson, Gustafsson dropped Shogun. Gustafsson is the taller guy.

No he didnt.....SHogun attempted a leg kick on a awkward angle and Gus hit him in the arm and Shogun fell down....he didnt connect anywhere hear the head.

f6wvu.gif

Shogun actually knocked Gus down in round 1....right around 3:00 min mark...he caught a kick and landed a right hand putting Gus on his back. Here is the pic..

Gus_1.jpg

If your gonna be certain of something....please acutally watch the fight...its clear that you havent.

No he didnt.....SHogun attempted a leg kick on a awkward angle and Gus hit him in the arm and Shogun fell down....he didnt connect anywhere hear the head.

f6wvu.gif

He is clearly putting him down with his left hand in Shoguns face. It hits before Shogun throws his kick and is what throws him down to the ground.

f6wvu.gif

Shogun actually knocked Gus down in round 1....right around 3:00 min mark...he caught a kick and landed a right hand putting Gus on his back. Here is the pic..

Gus_1.jpg

If your gonna be certain of something....please acutally watch the fight...its clear that you havent.

Why not post the picture of him on his back.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.

You've shown the extent of your intelligence here.

Shogun looked explosive for a while therefore Gustafsson sucks..

No. Shogun always has his moments in a fight. Gustafsson dominated him. He didn't make him look as bad a Jones did, sure. But he made him look pretty bad.

well, i dont think Gus will take the win, bones will probably take him down every time he wants and win that way

but your point of comparison is kinda off

He is clearly putting him down with his left hand in Shoguns face. It hits before Shogun throws his kick and is what throws him down to the ground.

Are you blind or something??? The punch prior lands at the same time Shogun is throwing the kick....it only makes him off balance...it the follow up that hits him in the arm. Its not even a legit knock down.

Let's not forget that Shogun looked the best he has looked against Alex since the Machida fight. Alex also looked the worst he has looked in a while (movement-wise). Alex clearly won the fight and made Shogun look exactly the way Shogun is now: good for the first few minutes in terms of cardio, but limited in his striking to overhand rights.

The closer the Gus/Jones fight gets, I wonder whether most SDers have only watched Gus' fight against Shogun. Please go back and watch his fights with Davis, Hammil, and T. Silva to see that he does have good TDD, he has the best movement in the LHW division (with Machida), and has power to hurt anyone on the feet.

The mods really need to start melding this threads together, especially when a fight like this is so close and the many threads are so relevant. It's like the threads talking about how upset/confused ts' are about BJ moving down to 145. Call your thread whatever you want, but it is still just another "Gustafsson is going to get wrecked by Jones" thread

Are you blind or something??? The punch prior lands at the same time Shogun is throwing the kick....it only makes him off balance...it the follow up that hits him in the arm. Its not even a legit knock down.

It is clearly the left strike that puts him down, the other strikes does not land in any way that he should fall the way he did.

Back