Gustafsson made Shogun look athletic!!

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by bjjwar, Sep 16, 2013.

1. bjjwar

bjjwar Brown Belt

Really??Is this the guy to beat Jones??The most unathletic and uncoordinate guy you'll ever see??

Some people should rewatch his fight with Shogun.Shogun dropped him and looked fast and explosive,that says alot.

The only things he has going for him is that he's tall and young compared to the old MW's Jones was fighting.

I don't think anyone who saw his fights with Thiago Silva and Shogun could possibly think he has any chance of winning.

I get that there isn't anyone that look like he could beat Bones,but we could even put Chael in there again.At least he looked good against Shogun.But this is a joke.

2. The Batman

The Batman Retired Platinum Member

Your skewed opinion, is the only joke here.

3. bubkusjones

bubkusjones Brown Belt

Ok, I thought Shogun looked like crap against Gus. Not as bad as against Jones, but bad enough.

4. Flexwave2003

Flexwave2003 International Playboy

I just read something about Jon Jones being on the verge of shattering the myth that his length and reach are what makes him special lol. Apparently by beating Gustafsson this will end the debate forever.

Consider me convinced.

The fact remains Jones is a very special talent and has already accomplished a great deal in his career. And he's got a long way to go too.

5. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Shogun is fast with his punches and explosive...what the F are you talking about. He's no Machida in terms of quickness but he can fire away those punches.

6. trane

trane Red Belt

shogun was injured in the Dan Henderson fight and against Chael he got caught in a guillotine. Against Vera he gassed from trying to finish the fight and blow Vera away early

You're saying Gustafsson is so bad he made shogun look good, without evaluating the differentiating factors

7. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

He looked good up until the 3rd round.....last part of the 2nd he started to lose it. He was landing some very good rights on Gus and winning the round until he started commiting too much to that punch and Gus was able to take over the fight from then on.

8. trane

trane Red Belt

ya like last couple minutes of the 2nd it started falling apart

9. Elmonstro1

Elmonstro1 Bones Nose

i humble disagree gus was the one with the offense, and landing away at shogun yeah shogun tagged him but he was never winning.

10. Kalmah

Kalmah Gold Belt

People wrote off Anderson Silva so quickly after going 16-0 in the UFC and defending the title 10 times . It's hard to argue that Jones isn't the best or most dominant mma fighter right now, but yeah he's going to have to keep it up for many years to come to surpass the reigns of Fedor and Anderson to be the GOAT.

11. Del1

Del1 Guest

i like shogun, but he did not look good in that fight.
    maybe it's been too long since i watched it, but no way did he look good.
    all this said, Jones will likely win this one.

12. JonCage

JonCage Green Belt

I have no idea what you're smoking but you need to share some of that shit dude. You're on Pluto right now fucking purple aliens with 3 pussies. Give me some of that shit right now!

13. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

You dont think SHogun was winnin the first 3 mins of the second round??? Gus didnt really land much....watch the fight again. Round 1 was pretty even....wasnt until round 3 that Gus had complete control of the fight. Gus landed 3 take downs in round 2....1st one coming after the halfway mark and up until then SHogun was easily outlanding Gus with hard strikes. Look at the stats the show in round after the 1st takedown....Sig strikes were 33 to 34 and Shogun going into round 3...had more sig strikes landed.

Even in round 1 after that knock down...really wanst a knock down Shogun attacked with 2 heel hooks and controlled Gus against the cage. People really underestimate how well SHogun fougth for 2 rounds. Guess it doesnt matter if you blow it in the 3rd.

14. Master Shonuff

Master Shonuff Purple Belt

Gus had a game plan and implemented it to win. Shogun was afraid of Bones

15. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

He didnt look good cause all people recall was the 3rd round which was pretty much all Gus and the result. The first 2 rounds were very close.

16. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

That is probably exactly the reason why you think he didnt look good. You like Shogun and he lost, therefore you rather think it was more about Shogun being in a bad shape than opponent just being a better fighter.

Shogun was in a pretty decent shape against Alex. Only times he have looked better in the UFC was against Machida and Liddell imo.

17. 315MMAFighter

315MMAFighter MąïȚře Đë Đəğåť§ - Pure Dominican Platinum Member

Def, on the good shiz,

18. blkmike817

blkmike817 Green Belt

Just cause he's caucasion does not mean he's unathletic.

19. odog

odog A cat trapped in a dog's body

So what you are saying is that Shogun is not explosive and athletic, but compared to Gustafsson he looks explosive and athletic?

20. blkmike817

blkmike817 Green Belt

And shogun looked really really bad in that fight