Gustafsson looked amazing in his last fight as well

Are you sure about that?

She's a women of course she is hahaha. She needs to do her kind a favor and stop holding them back in society by keeping her thoughts to herself.

You are trying to say nothing landed from Jimi, the fight was competitive with both fighters landing in exchanges until the KO. Jimi landed haymakers on Gus more than once. Rewatch please, lack of GIFS online.

I have the event on my computer and just rewatched it. He did not land a bunch of haymakers on Gus. His best shots was a knee to the body in the clinch as Gus shot for a takedown, a hook to the body and some legkicks. Other than that, he landed a jab or two.

I'll give it to Manuwa though, he was throwing punches with a lot of power that could've KO'd anyone if they had landed.

Edit: They were only on their feet for two and a half minutes and Gus finished the fight standing...

Last edited:
Not for nothin, but more people probably actually saw the Jones fight, and why wouldn't a title defense against a more highly ranked opponent be given more credit?

Though I agree, both fighters look great and the rematch should be kickass.

People gave Gus little to no chance in the first fight, so the popular opinion doesn't matter that much

You are trying to say nothing landed from Jimi, the fight was competitive with both fighters landing in exchanges until the KO. Jimi landed haymakers on Gus more than once. Rewatch please, lack of GIFS online.

He didn't really do too good. He lost the first round and got finished about a minute into the 2nd on the feet. He didn't really land anything of note. I mean how worse can you really lose, but his fans act as if he did so good

2z9e1au.gif

That was so alpha that Don Frye's mustache (RIP) did the Jeremiah Johnson nod when it saw it.

Very impressive how he jumped on Jimi after poking him in the eye. A eye poke which led to a long stoppage in time and Jimi having to be checked by a doctor. One minute later the fight is over. But hey that's ok when its comes to certain fighters.

This website, or should I say the pathetic haters and nut-huggers, are embarrassing. Guy goes out and finishes a very dangerous opponent (undefeated, all wins by stoppage) in less than two rounds, and he still gets shit on.

These buffoons need to seriously reevaluate their lives. If being so in love with another fighter makes them warp reality that much just to match their twisted views, they're virtually hopeless.

I agree Gus looked good against Manuwa but it's only natural that more people would discuss Jones's win over Glover since it was a title fight on a pay-per-view and Glover is a more known and respected fighter than Manuwa. I'm very much looking forward to Jones/Gustafsson II.

Very impressive how he jumped on Jimi after poking him in the eye. A eye poke which led to a long stoppage in time and Jimi having to be checked by a doctor. One minute later the fight is over. But hey that's ok when its comes to certain fighters.

Should we strip Jones from his title since all his title defense excluding mr sonnen. He poked someone and won the fight......:icon_twis

image.php

He didn't look very good. Amazing? No way. Even his nuthuggers were commenting on how "something looks wrong with Gus" in the PBP thread during the fight.

You do realize nothing you say that involves Gus means shit? :) Haters gonna hate. I mean, just look at your avatar. He looked great against Manuwa, he was just wary of the power, which is very wise considering he was fighting a powerhouse.

Talk about grasping at straws. Jimi himself said it didn't bother him at all after the break was over. Take one look at Jones (I know you like him) and you'll see someone who actively sticks his fingers out completely on purpose and keeps them extremely close to his opponents eyes. It's just so ironic you'd bring that up.

This website, or should I say the pathetic haters and nut-huggers, are embarrassing. Guy goes out and finishes a very dangerous opponent (undefeated, all wins by stoppage) in less than two rounds, and he still gets shit on.

Let them have it dude. Because when Jones inevitably loses he will be shat on in a shitting not seen in MMA before or will be since.

Hey, haven't you heard? You can't be a Gus fan on here, that automatically makes you a racist, and a jones hater.

Talk about grasping at straws. Jimi himself said it didn't bother him at all after the break was over. Take one look at Jones (I know you like him) and you'll see someone who actively sticks his fingers out completely on purpose and keeps them extremely close to his opponents eyes. It's just so ironic you'd bring that up.

You do realize nothing you say that involves Gus means shit? :D Nuthuggers gonna hug nuts. I mean, just look at your location. He looked terrible against Manuwa, he was sloppy and looked out of shape, which is pretty bad considering he was fighting a relatively untested guy.

I love how people assume Jones is the only one evolving. I'd argue Gus evolves even quicker right now, and he isn't as injury prone either. You guys are basically doing the same mistake you did in their first fight.

Back